This little guy is a Trooper

DJEtzel

He's surprising us daily! Skin is still making huge improvements. He got to meet Frag and Recon today, and go into the backyard for the first time with them to play! He didn't want to play nearly as much as he wanted to pee on things, but that's ok. He really enjoyed getting to meet them both. It was uneventful. Frag didn't even notice him sniffing him and following him around for close to two minutes in the house, and Recon acted like he didn't exist outside. XD

Sorry pictures are a little overexposed. :(

DJEtzel

Wow. Just saw a post on Facebook about chemical burns due to reed diffusers. An office cat at a vet clinic knocked one over on himself, and despite being cleaned up right away, had to be anesthetized and debrided due to bad chemical burns like Trooper's.

I have no idea how accurate the story was, but it gives me hope in the human race that this very easily could have been an accident.

DJEtzel

Pictures from last night.... SO happy with the progress he's making! He just gets happier and happier every day. He loves spending time with Frag and Recon, gets very excited for food and trots around the house like a king. I love it! He's only had one accident in the last week. We have another vet appointment in the morning.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
He looks SO much better! And you can tell in the photos how much happier he is.

DJEtzel

Vet appointment went great today! She cleared him for surgery next week, and he got a bordetella vaccine today. She took him off the rimadyl, tram and metro, but he's still on cephalexin & silver sulfadiazine + the baths!

Yay for successful recoveries! We stopped at the pet store and got some treats on the way back and EVERYONE loved him. He hung out with the receptionists for a while at the clinic, too. And, he's lost TWO POUNDS - so pumped. He can definitely stand to lose another pound or two. He's down to 9.5lbs from 11.5.

TopShelfPets

Thread Killer
Vet appointment went great today! She cleared him for surgery next week, and he got a bordetella vaccine today. She took him off the rimadyl, tram and metro, but he's still on cephalexin & silver sulfadiazine + the baths!

Yay for successful recoveries! We stopped at the pet store and got some treats on the way back and EVERYONE loved him. He hung out with the receptionists for a while at the clinic, too. And, he's lost TWO POUNDS - so pumped. He can definitely stand to lose another pound or two. He's down to 9.5lbs from 11.5.
new pics? Sorry I've been lurking - you're doing great by him and i'm really impressed at how fast he's healing.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
He looks so much better, this whole thread makes my heart hurt but I'm so happy for him now! and he looks so happy!!

DJEtzel

new pics? Sorry I've been lurking - you're doing great by him and i'm really impressed at how fast he's healing.
The two pics above a few post are from just a couple nights ago... hoping to do some yard work this afternoon and get some good shots of him in the nicer weather! (even though we had snow this morning... :rolleyes:

sofiaj

Poor dog

It makes me sad to see a dog in this situation. Your dog is so lucky to have you. I hope he heals up quickly.

DJEtzel

Trooper's last scheduled vet appointment was this morning - we are so happy! He has been neutered now and got his staples removed this morning and he's all up to date on his vaccines and ready for adoption! He's made great progress and now that he can get baths again, he will get all of those scabs off very quickly!

DSC_0166 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_0168 by DJetzel, on Flickr

I'm very happy that he's starting to grow hair back on his wounds as well! He's doing great these days, loves to run around the house and play. He's not a huge fan of guys - barked quite a bit at my roommate's friend last week and my friend over the weekend. Not sure if that could be something related to the wounds, or not... :-/

At any rate, I wanted to share his success and I will keep you posted with a hopefully soon adoption! :)

I was just thinking about him this morning, and how we haven't had any updates recently. Good job with him and I am very happy to hear that he is doing better

DJEtzel

I was just thinking about him this morning, and how we haven't had any updates recently. Good job with him and I am very happy to hear that he is doing better
We had beagles for almost a month boarding, and a friend over with two extra dogs for the weekend... so much going on, I felt bad not updating! Now that things have calmed down again, I can track his progress a little more often. :)

DJEtzel

With my busy summer and engagement and such, I never got a chance to remember to update about Trooper's adoption!

He was adopted in late May to a family with kids, the wife is a burn nurse at the local hospital!

I got to review the app, but I was out of town when he was adopted(foster dogs stay in their kennel while foster homes travel), so the president of the rescue did his adoption and got to actually meet the family. She said they were wonderful and she knew they would give him a great home. I was thinking about him today and really hope we get an update on him, soon!

Untitled by DJetzel, on Flickr

Shakou

Even if dogs in your past have been a revolving door, it's a moot point and irrelevant. The point is you got this poor little dog out of a God awful situation when nobody else would. You're treating some of the most horrific and terrible wounds I've ever seen and supplying him with vet care. You saved his life, and yes, in a sense you ARE a hero. That's what matters here. Thank you so much for everything you've done for this dog :)

Members online

No members online now.