Discussion in 'Dog Health Care' started by josephine, Jan 10, 2005.
just found this...
Toxic Plants...a NONO for dogs
I'm going to sticky this thread. This is something that needs to be readily available for everyone. Thanks for posting it!
Lost my parrot to a quarter inch bite out of the leaf of a lily of the valley pip I had purchase to plant the next day. It changed the electricity of his brain causing him to go into grand mal seizures. Mary dog goes for plant matter when she has a sour stomach, if she is in the house she will aim for house plants. I have read lists like that to make sure I am never going to lose one again to ignorance. Thanks for posting.
Thanks for this info; I'm sending a copy of all of my friends and family.
wow, great info!
My dog is always in the bushes... thanks i needed to know that, I'll be sure to keep a watchful eye now..
thankd for the info josephine very helpful
Harmful plants for pets
With spring planting season coming,i found these websites that list toxic plants for pet.They are: www.aspca.org and www.ansci.cornell.edu/plants
Thanks, Devon! That's always useful information to have. Think I'll make it a sticky
Thanks for the heads up, I try to always keep an eye out for this sort of things, especially this time of year.
Dog Collars, Dog Clothes, and More
I just thought that i would add cocoa mulch too.
A lot of people use it on their gardens but it is exactly like chocolate!
It also contains theobromine which is fatal to dogs. In a sense it could be worse than chocolate as milk chocolate isn't quite as toxic as dark/cooking choc or cocoa and the mulch is made up of the cocoa beans.
Well, in my case..The plants become savaged and tortured as my new pet labrador arrived in the house..My mom even told me to put him in a cage but I refuse to, because all her plants were really tortured since the time Larry, my pet labrador arrived..opcorn:
Great site. I have a number of those plants around my house and I didn't even know they were a danger.
Good to know
Great information....may post this on my site, although I dont know too many dogs that eat plants unless they are sick or it has crap near it
Thanks for this! My new house has tons of plants and holly berry bushes which are around back. I plan to have all of it ripped out come summer!
thanks for these precious info.....also, some things to share about regular foods stuff we human eat but not for dogs...
e.g. night shades vegetables (tomatoes, capsicans, etc), onions.
chocolates are NO NO. very toxic to their liver!
Thanks for this info. I love to garden and am shocked at how many poisonous plants I have - I'll have to keep a good eye on little Bella. The only thing she seems interested in chewing on is grass - hope it stays that way or the garden will have to be changed!
oh, this stuff scares me
Good info to have. We lost our little 3 month old puppy to an unknown poisonous vine a long time ago. I hope this helps prevent someone else from suffering that loss.