Discussion in 'Dog Training Forum' started by casablanca1, Sep 27, 2006.
Right now, getting the puppies use to pulling and having something behind them. Right now, they're pulling a milk jug filled with 2 pounds of rocks. Put on harness, attach leash, attach tugline, say "Hike", start running, after 50 or so feet, say "Whoa", and stop. Repete 3-4 times, get the next pup and do it all again.
Its still a bit to warm for the adults to train with the ATV, but we've been bikejoring more, going short distances (under 1 mile), working just one on one.
With Keegan, still prefecting our recalls (shes doing good, unless if theres distractions), and working on "down", "up" (beg), and "roll".
- final touch ups on go-outs (we don't even have a target anymore!! OMG YAY!) LMAO
- purely hand signals from about 20 feet away, she's got it down pat now (sit, down, stand and come) Absolutely NO MORE CREEPING from down to sit! I'm so proud of her!
- moving stands (she is such a dork with stands period, so this has been fun, NOT)
And for fun, we're still working on holding funny objects. Retrieving the remote for my lazy a$$, stuff like that.
- figure eight pattern heeling, he's such a doll with heeling
- hand signals, (no verbal) for sit/down/stand from about 2 feet away. LOL
That's pretty much it for just obedience. He's still only at the CD level. But his focus is just amazing, so I'm not pushing him at all. For fun, his frisbee retrieve his down pat! WAHOO!
He had this thing, that he'd run and chase it, that take it into the woods so neither Roxy or I could take it! ROFL. But now he chases, brings it back, and can't wait for me to throw it again!