Discussion in 'Dog Sites and Pet Sites' started by lyoannar, Nov 2, 2006.
Site for all breeds but mainly rotts and gsds
Hey there lyoannar,
I posted a site too and was really disappointed that no-one made any comment. Even bad would've been good, you know?
I always find feedback very helpful but it is hard to get with a new site so I hope you don't mind if I make some suggestions.
1. You need graphics. There are a number of sources you can get good quality pics for nothing or next to nothing.
2. No-one will ever find your site in the search engines if you don't make use of basic search engine optimisation. The title of your page for example is Message Board. Better if it was something like German Shepherd and Rottweiler Forum.
3. Jumping through the sections I am asked on several to sign in again. Why? If you have a raging hot board and want to keep areas private you may get away with that, but not on a new board.
4. Puppies for Sale. The other points are general internet advice but this is MOHO. I don't think puppies should be sold online. I wouldn't trust that a dog forum which blatantly offered this had the welfare of dogs uppermost in their mind.
5. Obviously you need posters. It is really hard to build a forum, even when you have a site to support it. I'd suggest you build some content round the forum highlighting the focus of the site.
Separate names with a comma.