Discussion in 'Dogs - General Dog Chat' started by straw, Oct 25, 2013.
...anybody subscribed? Good reviews, bad reviews?
I did it for a few months.
I liked the new products because I like trying new things. But I found the box...wanting often. I will say they're pretty good about 'quality' food and toys. But if your dog is allergic to pork and this month's box has a pork rind... Too bad. As far as I know, you can't be more specific about your box than small, medium or giant size.
The box is pretty small and it never arrived when I wanted it to :rofl1: (They have tracking on it but it NEVER worked for me.) You get a couple treats and a toy and that's about it. For the price, I really couldn't justify it. In the end, it wasn't worth the couple new treats and occasional toy. But I would definitely do a month or two to try it out. Especially around the holidays!
Bear in mind, I got it on a groupon and honestly, if I didn't get the groupon price.. I'm on the fence if something like it is worth it for me
- Lots of fun healthy treats I might not have picked up on my own (everything is small business, healthy etc..)
- Cool toys (organic toys if they are stuffies, cool rubber toys) all by great small companies IMO
- It's just fun! Getting the box in the mail, opening it with your dog, Merlin loved seeing the box and looking at all the cool stuff
- Part of the proceeds supports rescue
- Cool grooming stuff (bath wipes, shampoo etc..)
- I live near a lot of pet stores. I enjoy shopping..
- Lots of things are odd (doggy root beer, crushed bully stick powder, dog energy gel etc..) just stuff I have NO use for (but this isn't that big of a deal if you know of a shelter/rescue that is happy to take this stuff)
- Price. Sometimes I felt like there wasn't a lot there to merit the $21 per box price tag
- Some toys are much more "cute/quirky" than sturdy. Not always..but sometimes.
- Not for picky dogs treat wise. A lot of it is treat oriented and some stuff is weird
I like it, but that is because I like getting surprises. I justify it to myself because I would be spending a similar amount on toys or treats anyway and this way it's a surprise for me too
Separate names with a comma.