Simi picked up a toad on our walk tonight, I think, and then dropped it. After that she seemed to be licking her lips and smacking her mouth a lot on our walk and so now I am freaked out thinking they're toxic and she's going to die. From what I can read, I believe the toads we have here are Eastern American Toads and I have looked online to see if they're toxic but can't get a clear idea. Anyone know? I gave her a big hunk of peanut butter, because I read somewhere that helps get the stuff toads release out of the dogs mouth... Not sure if it'll actually help. She isn't showing any signs, I am just worried. We have SO many toads around here. We see on average 4-8 toads per walk every night!