i stroked my daughter"s and i wasn't even aware at what i had done..after that i just handed her the pill and the glass of water..she never had any trouble..she was a terror about the liquid...use to chase her around the house with the spoon! I mad as heck! She would spit it out and then you didn't know if she swallowed any at all and perscriptions are soooooo expensive..we had one dog at the kennel i had no problem with, but the girl that relieved me on my day off did. The pill was bitter. On Mondays i would be bringing him his pill and he would salavate like a rabie's poster boy..i could pop that pill down his throat slick as grease..don't know why she had such a problem. By Friday he wouldn't even notice..monday he'd be a slobbery mess again. Cats and rabbits now..they are hard!!!!!!