German Shepherds of Chaz

Equinox

Someone had to do it ;) I actually realized that there are quite a few German Shepherd Dogs on Chaz, many of which I don't see or hear about often enough!

Name: Trent
Born on: February 20th, 2009
Size: 82 lbs and 26-27" at the withers
Coat: Black/tan blanket back
Lines: West German working
Activities: Just being an incredible, all around dog, willing to do anything and everything I am up for. Future plans ideally include Schutzhund, once we join the club.

Patrolling the beach

Holding down the couch

Being an amazing companion

Obligatory puppy pictures

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
My current German Shepherd:
Name: Simi
Born on: September 22nd, 2011
Size: About... 15 inches? Don't really know, honestly.
Coat: Sable.
Lines: Czech lines.
Activities: Just being a puppy as of now, but will do mostly agility, some Schutzhund, and potentially some herding.

And my heart dog, who made me fall in love with the breed, Bella, who I lost the 17th of September, 2010:

I miss her everyday.

And Callie, who has passed away, and was a dog my sister will hold dear for a long, long time. She was a puppy mill breeding bitch that was being "thrown away" at a livestock auction. Although I hate that I paid what little I did for her (she went for $10. 25% went to the people holding the auction), I know she taught us a lot, and was worth it. We had her 8 short months before her spleen ruptured and she virtually bled to death internally on a vets floor while he looked at a cat with a skin condition.

Last edited:

Equinox

Aimee - I've been thinking good thoughts every day!! Even crossed my mind as I was making the thread :D There is someone on the GSD board with a dog that would be 3/4 siblings to this Ceyla x Buzz litter. I think her dog is sired by Buzz, but her dam is Angel (also Ceyla's dam). From what I hear her pup is everything she wanted and more, a lovely, affectionate companion. :)

AgilityPup - I almost didn't recognize Simi! She looks very grown up in the second photo.

Also, the first photo of you and Bella is a beautiful one I know you'll cherish forever, along with the incredible memories and lessons she has shared. Callie looked like a lovely, happy girl as well.

SpringerLover - I had such a huge crush on Ruca!! I think me and CharlieDog were both sorely tempted to steal her from you :p

Xandra

Name: Roman
Born on: July 8th, 2007
Size: ~90? lbs and 28" at the withers
Coat: Sable
Lines: Czech
Activities: embarrassingly not much lol He's a great dog and hopefully I'll start him in Schutzhund when I get my license.

DSC_0047 by neufeldalexandra, on Flickr

DSC_0176 by neufeldalexandra, on Flickr

Roman Sherman Lynn Creek 225 by neufeldalexandra, on Flickr

DSC_0321 by neufeldalexandra, on Flickr

Roman Sherman Lynn Creek 240 by neufeldalexandra, on Flickr

DSC_0010 by neufeldalexandra, on Flickr

Equinox

Xandra - You and me both. If I had a car and a bit more free time I would have long started Schutzhund with Trent. Unfortunately now, finances and lack of time prevent us from doing so (I am also job hunting again...)

I've always meant to ask you, have you ever had the opportunity to meet Roman's sire? I remember seeing Axel on Michelle's website before, although I am not sure if she bred him or just owned/handled him at one point.

Nikki -
LOL Me, too! Isn't it crazy how much has changed since then? I remember taking that photo when he was going through a phase where he hated and flat out refused to leave the house.

SpringerLover

SpringerLover - I had such a huge crush on Ruca!! I think me and CharlieDog were both sorely tempted to steal her from you :p
Oh my gosh, if I could have kept her I would have! I loved how she looked.

She made me actually consider a GSD in the future... unlikely but, maybe? :)

Xandra

I know color is the last thing that matters about a dog but I do love seeing well-bred shepherds in so many colors and patterns :p Roman for instance has a very rich clear tan on his face, lots of contrast between mask/tan/mantle, whereas Trent and Simi have much darker faces with subtler, lighter tan (I prefer that).

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Aimee - I've been thinking good thoughts every day!! Even crossed my mind as I was making the thread :D There is someone on the GSD board with a dog that would be 3/4 siblings to this Ceyla x Buzz litter. I think her dog is sired by Buzz, but her dam is Angel (also Ceyla's dam). From what I hear her pup is everything she wanted and more, a lovely, affectionate companion. :)

Will you introduce me? Invite her here or tell me where to find her!

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Name: Sheena
Born on: December 20, 2003
Size: 67lbs, 24inches at the shoulder
Coat: White
Activities: Psychiatric Service Dog, used to do agility and flyball as well

8 week old pup

Flyball

Posing

Agility

Very patient girl

Best Friend

Awsome Mom

and the cuddler

Xandra

Xandra - You and me both. If I had a car and a bit more free time I would have long started Schutzhund with Trent. Unfortunately now, finances and lack of time prevent us from doing so (I am also job hunting again...)

I've always meant to ask you, have you ever had the opportunity to meet Roman's sire? I remember seeing Axel on Michelle's website before, although I am not sure if she bred him or just owned/handled him at one point.
Nope, his sire lives in BFE so I never met him, but I do not believe he was bred by athos... trained to SchIII by Chris though. (I think).

I went out to the West Coast GS Schutzhund Club (http://www.wcgssc.com/) when Roman was a puppy. I was 16 and so couldn't even have my license, my dad said he would drive me, then said it was too far, then said maybe once a week if he drove there and my brother drove me back, but my brother didn't want to have 2 hours taken out of every weekend and it just didn't sound like a very reliable system :( it was sucky and I just sort of gave up.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Name: Knox
Born on: April, 2010
Size: ~60? lbs and 24" at the withers
Coat: Red Sable
Lines: West German Working
Activities: Barking, Running the other dogs ragged, humping, chewing, being an a-hole and pest in general

Being an idiot, as per usual :p

After getting nailed in the head, for being an idiot

Not a very good picture, but the sunlight was coming in behind him, and I thought it showed his structure fairly well

Fairly soon after getting nailed in the head

Being cute, for once :p

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
This is one of my "will own one day" breeds. I have had a hidden passion for GSDs for YEARS. I love them so much.

AgilityPup- Bella was such a good dog. I remember her, and always will <3

Everyones GSDs are beautiful/handsome!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
You guys are making me drool. I fell in love with my uncle's GSDs at the age of about 4 or 5, and I've loved the breed ever since. They're too big for my current situation, but they're one of my "MUST own when in the right situation" breeds. :)

Name: Chance
Born on: Feb 2007
Size: 75 pounds and I am not sure how tall
Coat: Black and tan
Activities: Trying to grow the other half of his brain, not begging for food, being a snuggler. Oh and being a parvo survivor after being given a 15% chance of living. Hence: Chance.

Being a dork

Being a ball crazed boy

Being a dork again

My boy

stafinois

Professional Nerd
He fits in with my teacup labrador pretty well.

I shame him regularly by telling him there are GIRL MALINOIS bigger than him :p

He doesn't care, plus he takes up WAAAY less room in my single cab truck :D

That's the thing that has me not quite 100% excited. It's going to be a much larger dog than I'm used to. Maybe I'll get lucky and mine will be a shrimp, too :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.