• By other definitions, yes.

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • By other definitions, no.

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters

mrose_s

BusterLove
By my definition, no.
She's lean and fit but I know she's not as fit as she could/should be just because I don't do much consistent work to improve her. She does look good though.

By others definition, yes and no.
My mum often wants a bit more weight on her. Lots of people in the public think she's too skinny, go figure.
All my dog mates think she's boo-tiful.

Slick

Kristina
In my opinion, Leo is pretty ideal, but I am no expert. When he was young, he was too thin, but now that he has stopped growing/was neutered, he has filled out some. He has a nice tuck, you can feel his ribs, but he still has some skin over them (whereas when he was younger his ribs were pretty pronounced no matter what I fed him). He could maybe have some more muscle mass, but he is definitely not one of those fat flabby dogs that I often see.

I really should get a stacked picture of him. I don't have any.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Rider's a little chunky for my taste. Harlow is at a good weight, but could use muscle mass, so no.

Eta! Rider's at a good weight by public standard. I'm always told I'm starving Harlow by the gp.

StillandSilent

Gambit is.perfect, as is Gimmick. Everyone else thinks they're thin, but the vet is impressed.

Quiddich is fat. Not just chunky or roly-poly, but full on obese. He's up to 52 lbs from a previous weight of 40 :yikes:

Slick

Kristina
I got some pictures today.

Would you guys give me your opinion on Leo's weight? As a first time dog owner, I really don't know what is a good weight. To me, he seems like a good weight because I can feel his ribs but they are not sticking out. But I just don't trust my own opinion since I am still new to dogs. What do you think?

I don't have any "from above" pictures, but hopefully this will do.

Sekah

The Monster.
It's tough to say. At first glance he looks good. He looks like he may be the teensiest bit heavier than he needs to be. For a dog of his build it'd probably be okay to have a rib or two evident when at rest. For pet condition, he looks good. For performance, a bit could probably safely be shared off.

Members online

No members online now.