What do you do with your ribbons?

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Right now they're in a box...somewhere...

Once I settle into a house I'll try to figure something out for them.

Doberluv

Those are some really neat ideas...very cute how those ribbons are in the glass jars. What an innovative bunch of ways to display the ribbons.

So far, I haven't done a thing with my ribbons. They're sitting in a mess on top of a cedar trunk. I'm gearing up though. You guys have inspired me.

This crate cover is what someone made and posted on another forum. I am so beyond impressed with not only the idea, but the handy work. I think it's absolutely stellar.

Front view

Side view

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
That crate cover kinda cracks me up. If I walked past somebody at a trial with that over their crate I'd be like "oh-ho, well aren't YOU fancy!"

DJEtzel

Isn't this how you display yours?

DSC_0363 by DJetzel, on Flickr

This is how I have been displaying them...

ribbons by DJetzel, on Flickr

I have two more Dock diving certificates I need to add, and I have added 6 more blue ribbons since the picture was taken, I've had to start putting them on corkboard in my bedroom. I'm going to get some more boards and have one for each event/dog... Patton has a dock diving ribbon and disc medal in the car hanging on his crate right now. Great conversation starter, but it's just a matter of time until someone eats one. ;)

BostonBanker

I've seen the crate covers, and they are very cool! My only issues are 1) I have zero crafting skill and 2) I wind up washing my "crate covers" (ie sheets) basically every trial because inevitably someone's dog lifts their legs on it. I'd be pretty darn pissed (ha!) if someone peed on such a special crate cover!

MicksMom

I've seen the crate covers, and they are very cool! My only issues are 1) I have zero crafting skill...
You don't need to be crafty. There are people who you can send the ribbons to, and they'll make what you want.

...and 2) I wind up washing my "crate covers" (ie sheets) basically every trial because inevitably someone's dog lifts their legs on it. I'd be pretty darn pissed (ha!) if someone peed on such a special crate cover!
That's kind of my concern with the crate cover- it getting ruined from being used. Heck, I've gone so far as to make sure Caleb's ribbons & rosettes are in the side of the entertainment center that doesn't get hit by the sun so they don't fade.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
2) I wind up washing my "crate covers" (ie sheets) basically every trial because inevitably someone's dog lifts their legs on it.
Really!? That is so gross...I would be really mad if anyone's dog did that to my stuff!

Doberluv

Really!? That is so gross...I would be really mad if anyone's dog did that to my stuff!
Yeah, me too! Outrageous!:eek:

That's good to know...that you can send them to someone to make something for you. I'm also not a seamstress in the least. I'd ruin the things trying.

Dekka

Just try me..
make pillows. or store them to make things later (though I tend to only take 'meaningful' ribbons)

Members online