The dog musing/vent thread

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Well... after x-rays, there will be no puppy for me :(

I'm a lot, LOT more heartbroken than I thought I would be. Focusing on the idea of a puppy was helping me to not think as much about the fact that my dog is dying (especially because baby was supposed to be closely related). It had a name and everything... I cried a good part of the way home. Ugh.

teacuptiger

floor dancer

I'm a lot, LOT more heartbroken than I thought I would be. Focusing on the idea of a puppy was helping me to not think as much about the fact that my dog is dying (especially because baby was supposed to be closely related). It had a name and everything... I cried a good part of the way home. Ugh.
*hugs* I'm so sorry :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator

Been through that... it is not pleasant and I am sorry. =<

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!

sorry :( that sucks.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word

My condolences. (((hugs)))

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Legitly considering renaming Roxie Castiel so I can say "Cas, get out of my a$$"

Jesus she takes "Velcro" to a whole other level sometimes. I love this dog to death, but she is like smothering me right now :O

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat

:( I am so sorry ((hugs))

Rant.

So someone kind of roughed their dog up last night at flyball - like gave a couple leash corrections and scolded sternly. Right in front of Venice who is super sensitive to anything like that.

She was a little spooky for the hour, ran out around the jumps, kept dropping her ball, etc. Last night she wet my bed (and slept right through it). Yeah, I woke up in a puddle of dog pee, with her still sound asleep. I woke her up to take her out and clean up and she was totally horrified.

Tonight, I took her to my brother's apartment to watch the game. She was super spooky, growled and hid. So I took her home.

Ugh. I get where she is coming from. I have very little tolerance for correction based training as well. Our instructor is phenomenal and gentle but she is here to teach us flyball, and I don't think it's her responsibility to address training methods with regards to a rude adolescent dog.

I'll see how next week goes but if it's gonna shake my dog up so bad that she can't even be around her friends the next day, I can't stay part of the team.

SoCrafty

Plottmom - I am so sorry :( *hugs*

Addie has lost all her front teeth, and got all front adult teeth. Now today she lost both of her bottom canines. Stop growing up puppy! Next up should be the top canines and then molars :(

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Yet another small "Juno, you're such a good dog" thing I take for granted. Leave her alone in a room with a bowl of canned cat food for an hour, and does she touch any of it? Nope.

The other dogs I have to be VERY careful about not turning my back for even a second, or it's gobbled up.

Just found out that one of Fable's puppies recently moved from Idaho to the very same neighborhood that I live in! I was super excited when I found out so we arranged a meet up with him, Fable, and two of the other puppies that live in town on Saturday. It will be the first time Fable and the other two pups will have seen him since they were all adopted at 7 weeks (they are over a year now).

Locke

Just found out that one of Fable's puppies recently moved from Idaho to the very same neighborhood that I live in! I was super excited when I found out so we arranged a meet up with him, Fable, and two of the other puppies that live in town on Saturday. It will be the first time Fable and the other two pups will have seen him since they were all adopted at 7 weeks (they are over a year now).
That's so cool! Please take and share pictures!

My dog is so weird. He doesn't like "normal" veggies and fruits like carrots, cucumber, peppers, or apples, but offer him cantaloupe or honey dew melon, and he's like a crack addict.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Ugh ... I think Lincoln is sick with giardia again -_- ... the good news is I think I have narrowed down to which body of water it is and can keep him away from it.

Ugh ... my poor guy ... and I wont be able to see the vet until monday :(

amberdyan

Ugh ... I think Lincoln is sick with giardia again -_- ... the good news is I think I have narrowed down to which body of water it is and can keep him away from it.

Ugh ... my poor guy ... and I wont be able to see the vet until monday :(
Hugo has had hookworms twice, despite being on a good preventative. He came home with it when we adopted him and then we didn't get rid of them with the first treatment, but he tested negative (I guess eggs can encapsulate themselves in the lining of the intestines and still give a negative). We struggled with it for a long time and it's finally gone. I totally get how frustrating it is when you can't make them feel better faster.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
For all his behavior issues and general biteyness, I truly appreciate how angelic Brisbane is about toddlers catapulting down the beach to grab a ball out of his mouth or from under his nose.

"Oh a tiny person! Better move slow and be super gentle!"

Locke

People can be so freaking daft!

I am trying to pick up my dog's poop, then I see you and your puppy coming to greet us. I very clearly body block my dog and get his attention on me so that your puppy doesn't have a negative socialization experience. Yet you STILL come towards us.
Is it not common courtesy to give people picking up after their dog some space???

I stepped on my dog's foot because of you. And he screamed. Really loud. And it broke my heart. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Members online

No members online now.