The dog musing/vent thread

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Whenever Roxie wants to lick my plate, she crinkles up her nose before giving me kisses or poking me with her nose.

I've never understood why, but it's cute. And that's like the only time she ever crinkles up her nose like that. It's so weird.

Maxy24

For a second I was like "cute, who is that dog?" and then I remembered that Ru is actually that color naturally. Not pink. lol.
I had that moment a few weeks ago when I saw a different picture of Ru. I was like "awwww what an adorable chihuahua I wonder who...wait a second" *lightbulb*. Yeah.

Picklepaige

Don't complain about how the local animal shelter euthanizes animals when you let your intact male dogs run loose, and laugh when they disappear for a couple of days because "oh they've probably found a girlfriend hahaha!"

Everyone and their mother does this here. So. Freaking. Frustrating.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Don't complain about how the local animal shelter euthanizes animals when you let your intact male dogs run loose, and laugh when they disappear for a couple of days because "oh they've probably found a girlfriend hahaha!"

Everyone and their mother does this here. So. Freaking. Frustrating.
Ugh, I hate people like that, it shines a bad light on anyone who owns an intact male.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
I had that moment a few weeks ago when I saw a different picture of Ru. I was like "awwww what an adorable chihuahua I wonder who...wait a second" *lightbulb*. Yeah.
For a second I was like "cute, who is that dog?" and then I remembered that Ru is actually that color naturally. Not pink. lol.
Yep, I only dye him in the summer so most of the year he's boring tan and wearing clothes. Always clothes.

Squash had diarrhea in his crate when I was at work. There were 3 big splotches on his crate pad covering probably 2/3 of its total surface area, and he does not have even the tiniest drop or smudge on him anywhere. And this isn't the first time he's done this.

I think he might be a wizard.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Cajun's been doing so great with nail trims lately and tonight.... I quicked her. Twice. I never do that!! She didn't even react and once I noticed it I shoved her face full of liver treats, we moved on and it was fine... but still. The last thing I want is to finally have cooperative nail trims, and then stupid old me gives her a traumatizing experience to ruin it :rolleyes:

At least I know I got them as short as I could though...

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Cajun's been doing so great with nail trims lately and tonight.... I quicked her. Twice. I never do that!! She didn't even react and once I noticed it I shoved her face full of liver treats, we moved on and it was fine... but still. The last thing I want is to finally have cooperative nail trims, and then stupid old me gives her a traumatizing experience to ruin it :rolleyes:

At least I know I got them as short as I could though...
That's why I dremel! If you accidentally quick it cauterizes right there. :)

In other news. I LOVE this new FB page Not to Standard. SO FREAKING HILARIOUS.

I'm so excited they are going to do t-shirts in the future.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Two gorgeous 8 week old black lab puppies at a local high volume shelter. *twitch* Not sure if one is a female. *twitch*

IdonotneedapuppyIdonotneedapuppyIdonotneedapuppy.

Someone is selling Chinese crested/pug puppies on craigslist. Some of them are hairless. They are the ugliest things I have ever seen and oh my God I wasnt one so freaking bad.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Subbed a puppy class tonight. Instructor failed to mention to me the FOURTEEN WEEK OLD CORGI PUPPY.
OMFG.

O.
M.
F.
G.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
two gorgeous 8 week old black lab puppies at a local high volume shelter. *twitch* not sure if one is a female. *twitch*

idonotneedapuppyidonotneedapuppyidonotneedapuppy.
someone is selling chinese crested/pug puppies on craigslist. Some of them are hairless. They are the ugliest things i have ever seen and oh my god i wasnt one so freaking bad.
subbed a puppy class tonight. Instructor failed to mention to me the fourteen week old corgi puppy.
Omfg.

O.
M.
F.
G.
LET'S ALL GET A PUPPY. *lower case*

Dammit, someone must have flagged it because it's gone. The pictures were terrible, but there was at least one black one that was naked down the back and belly, but appeared to have fur on the legs and a giant pug head. I was transfixed.

Hopefully it goes back up so I can snatch a pic.

SpringerLover

So, Gabby has two bad hips and a bad left elbow on xray. When we first started working on her, her right elbow and her right hip hurt quite a bit. With everything we've done at work, supplements and meds, in addition to massage, the only remaining problematic area is her right hip. And today my boss said that Gabby is a good candidate for hylauronic acid injection into her hip joint. So... I am nervous and excited for this!

The end of Feb can't come soon enough.

BostonBanker

Gusto won a free Fetching Tag the other day. I can't think of a single thing to get either of my dogs (Gusto already has 2 Fetching Tags, and Meg has one and I love all of them and can't think of a tagline for either). I already bought new tags for both of the new puppies in our "group".

It actually crossed my mind to get a tag for a future dog. There isn't even REMOTELY the chance of a new dog anywhere in the near future. Like, years. I will probably change names for it 100x by then. But I almost ordered it a tag.

That's it, I've officially caught Puppy Craze from someone here. I'm thinking it was Beanie. Can I get inoculated somehow?

Members online

No members online now.