Best Long Line/Flexi?

noludoru

Bored Now.
I can't find my old long line (unless Zoom has it in which case I want it back please <3) and took a Middie on a flexi so that I could take him with Bay and Cassie to the lake. Mostly this went well, the problem is just that the flexi was too short. I couldn't go swimming without him, and my retriever mix doesn't want to swim. :rolleyes:

It's sandy and wet, so I worry that a flexi would break after a few uses. My long line is great but would get soaked and might even be more cumbersome than the flexi. (Still can't find it anyway.) The advantage would be that I could go swimming and tie him out to a tree without worrying that he would snap it.

Option C is to make him like swimming with me, but I don't know how I can do that.

Option B is to go to Zoom's house and switch Middie out for Marley so that I have a swimming buddy. They're both little and black and their names start with "M." No one would notice.

What options do you all use for swimming with untrained, idiotic dogs?

What about a biothane long lead?

I personally use dollar store long lines, they are 1.50 for 30ft, for Gages i just put new clips on them because the dollar store clips are crap lol, but they are fine for Diesel.

I also bought a spool of webbing at walmart and made some with that once.

I have one of those tie out stakes I take to the beach.

You can put your flexi or long line around it and that way if you want to swim you can and Middie can stay on shore.

Example Here

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Yeah, the long line is still at my place. For some reason Marley does not pull hardly at all when on this and her flat collar. I think she likes the extra length. I'll go get my own though, so you can have yours back!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Check these out,
http://chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256323

coupon code in there now.

I have the 6ft one so no experience with the long lead but their biothane ROCKS. so soft, and easy to hold, but super easy to clean up.

I have a rope lead that's taken a beating. It's horrible in sand etc, and it hurts my hands now, and it's starting to rip.
Holy expensive, though..

I have one of those tie out stakes I take to the beach.

You can put your flexi or long line around it and that way if you want to swim you can and Middie can stay on shore.

Example Here
I LOVE this idea. Does it work well in sand?

Members online

No members online now.