The Walking Dead Season 5! (maybe spoilers)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I will try to put anything I think will be a spoiler in white text, but be warned I or someone else might forget LOL.

Give your predictions on what you think will happen, who might die, and what the mid season finale and the mid season premier have in store for us.

Text below in white:
I have read that Beth is going to be the one to die in the mid season finale, but others have said that Carol, or perhaps Glenn will be the one to bite it (no pun intended LOL). I know a lot of people hate Beth, but I really dont want to see her kick it, I would like to see her character do some fleshing out before she eats it, because I think there is a lot they can do with the character of Beth, like they did with Carol. No one liked Carol when the series first started, she was like, the Beth of season one (before Lori took all the hate away from her after she revealed she was a two timing *****). I just dont think Beth has gotten a fair shake. I would like to see her escape and be out on her own for a while, having to rely on no one but herself and toughen up.

Alot of people are shipping couples now (mostly Daryl/Carol and Daryl/Beth) and while I wouldnt mind a bit of an unrequited love thing to happen, I for one think that romance doesnt really have a place in TWD, lest it become a soap opera ... no thanks. the shane/Rick/Lori triangle was bad enough. But OTOH, the show IS about the people and their relationships and their choices and their reactions, so maybe it does have a place.

end white text.

In white

I totally have Rick/Michone paired up. I think Daryl/Carol as well. Beth needs to be zombie chow. She has annoyed me since her suicide attempt seasons ago.

I can do without Abraham, Beth/Glenn, Eugene, well basically everyone in that group. Noah already gets on my nerves, but maybe they will expand him. I was reading that he and Beth might be an item since they are close to the same age. I just want to whip Carls butt. I do not like him either.

I am not sure I could take it if Carol, Daryl, or Michone get gone. I have a bit of a love hate relationship with Rick. I think he has gone a bit nuts.

I do not like how the episodes are split up into groups.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
My spoilers below are predictions based on what already happens in the comic (which I'm caught up on), so may or may not be spoilers? Read at your own risk. They veer away from the comic all the time, but it seems like they're heading in the direction...

... to the Alexandria refuge. It happens right after they find Gabriel, kill the cannibals, and find out Eugene is a liar in the comic, when everyone is split up the Alexandria guy (Allan I think?) finds them all and brings them there.

I kinda hope that comes next. They need another long-respite series of episodes post-prison, if you ask me.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yeah, I totally don't like how they are doing "episodes by group" it bugs the crap out of me. I couldnt take it if Daryl or Michonne died, thats it, everyone else can be walker chow for all I care LOL.
White below (just in case)

I don't fault Beth for attempting suicide, she was a stupid teenager, her dad was partly to blame because he put it into her head that the people in the barn were just sick and they could be cured in time. I dont think that if he had just come out and told her the truth that she would have taken it as bad. I just think she has some fleshing out to do.

I dont have a problem with Noah, I actually kind of liked the kid. Though I think the meeting btw him and Daryl/Carol could have been done differently, I would have had them stand off, then realize who they were, then Noah takes them to the place he escaped and whatever, Carol fakes being injured to get in there, Noah and Daryl go back to the church to recruit Rick and the others.

Eugene is dead from the beating Abraham gave him, Abraham and company return to the church and join Rick, they all go to rescue beth.

thats at least how I would do it, LOL.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
Glenn's upcoming demise is at the hands of Negan so I don't see him biting that baseball bat early.

If I am to pick someone to fall at this stage of the game I would pick Carol - in a moment by choice in the rescue of Beth.

My only real complaint about this season is Maggie. It seems odd to me that she seems to have forgotten that she has a sister.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I know! She looked for Glenn but not for her own sister? I was like WTF lol. I mean would it have been that hard to have her look for them BOTH? Unless she thought that maybe she was killed in the whole thing that went down with the prison.

People that have read the comic ... this white text below is a question for you all:
does the hospital community appear in the comic? And if it does are they the same thing? I thought Negan was part of the hunters, which was the group that Daryl was with ... right? Was terminus a thing in the comics or was it something new they made up for the show, or was it inspired by something from the comic?

Last edited:

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
Negan is part of the saviors. I imagine he'll be a next season addition at the earliest. If we follow the comic I imagine we'll be heading to Alexandria next after the Bethscue attempt. Unfortunately the more I think about it the more I think Carol will not be taking the trip. Between her badassery and Michonne there is only so much room for that on one screen especially if the zone that is Alexandria is going to remain a challenge.

On the plus side they've taken this character on a good run and my guess is that they'll pair up Beth and Darryl. My suspicion is that we also won't see Tyrese survive the season in full.

I don't recall the hospital story being in the comic. I admit it's been awhile since I read it.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Didn't quote because if I quote someone's white text it shows up too much and I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

White:
the saviors aren't the hospital people (dawn's group) are they? Or are they part of Alexandria? Someone told me that Woodbury was the shows answer for Alexandria, but they might be wrong. I have also been told that when the group gets to Alexandria, the comic gets kind of dull.

I also agree about Carol, it seems like it would be more feasible to kill her off because she has become like an ultra bad ass, I mean she took down a ****ing whole compound single-handedly! I know they all can't survive but it seems like when a character gets done "fleshing out" like andrea (who also became a bad ass), Bob (who finally came to terms with his demons and even found love) Hershel (who accepted how the world was as well as Rick and the others) and even Shane, who's fleshing out meant a total decent into madness. I just don't think Beth is done fleshing out yet, and I think it would do her character a bit of a disservice, especially since they saved her from death by suicide, just to kill her now? It doesn't make sense to me.

Carol on the other hand has been getting increasingly like ... cold and distant recently and kind of pushing everyone away.

Omg I just wrote all that above with my phone .... oh my aching thumbs!!!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Ruined it for me too. Sigh. Unfollowed. Will watch it tonight and still enjoy it I'm sure, but again. Sigh.
Yeah I spoiled myself because I knew that I wasnt going to be able to see it, so I read the spoilers. OMG! (white text below)
Am I the only one that thinks that Beth died needlessly and her death scene was stupid? I mean even someone who hadnt been spoiled could see it coming. I am kind of pissed off they didnt give her character a chance to flesh out more like they did the others before they killed them, it was like, we didnt hear anything from her all this time and suddenly she shows up and it was like the writers tried to flesh her out all at once instead of doing it gradually like they did Carol, Carl, Bob, Hershel, Maggie, Glenn and others. It was a touching scene, though. So Daryl was carrying a torch for her after all ... at least I think so by his reaction to her death. He certainly seemed the most upset about it (other than maggie, who I believe was mostly upset in a guilty way because she kind of 'forgot' about Beth in favor of finding Glenn).

End white text

Red.Apricot

Ruined it for me too. Sigh. Unfollowed. Will watch it tonight and still enjoy it I'm sure, but again. Sigh.
It took the fun out of it for me. :[

We'll see how I feel in Feb, but I probably won't pick the show back up.

Spoilers in white:
I just... spent the whole episode waiting for Beth to die, and then when she did I was like, 'oh great, I can go to bed now, cool,' which is really not how I want to feel about the show, so.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
It took the fun out of it for me. :[

We'll see how I feel in Feb, but I probably won't pick the show back up.

Spoilers in white: [/COLOR]
(knocked the spoiler out of the quote)

What you said in your spoiler text happened to me too. I thought the rest of the episode would keep me engaged, but it didn't.

Truthfully the character deviations are getting just a bit too nuts. Everyone's motives and ideas change on a dime. A little too much on a dime even for a zombie world. The comic can be paced in such a way that there can be downtime and uptime without issue, but in a TV show you can't have that same flow, so it's this constant stream of shock value and intensity and it's just a bit exhausting, IMO.

Worked great for a few seasons but iunno. How long will they stretch it, and in what direction?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
(knocked the spoiler out of the quote)

What you said in your spoiler text happened to me too. I thought the rest of the episode would keep me engaged, but it didn't.

Truthfully the character deviations are getting just a bit too nuts. Everyone's motives and ideas change on a dime. A little too much on a dime even for a zombie world. The comic can be paced in such a way that there can be downtime and uptime without issue, but in a TV show you can't have that same flow, so it's this constant stream of shock value and intensity and it's just a bit exhausting, IMO.

Worked great for a few seasons but iunno. How long will they stretch it, and in what direction?
White:
Well, if the show follows the comic, Alexandria is next, and all the **** with Negan, Which I for one cant wait to see!!!

Is it weird that some of the fan fics I have read are better then the actual writing on the show? Maybe they should start taking some of the fanfiction ideas because some of them are bad ass.

end white.

Brattina88

I think it's hilarious that everyone on FB was hating on Beth, "oh gawd I wish she'd die alreadyyyyy. Daryl & carol 4everrrr!" But last night all you could see is oh No NOOOOO NO * crying* :rofl1: and these are the same people who couldn't wait until she died.

I always read spoilers. It doesn't bother me. The funny thing is, even though I knew it was coming I still jumped and then when Daryl cried... Of course I cried :eek: lol

Overall I was kind of restless with most of the episode. Some of the parts were just like, come on really? Get rid of the church guy already. And the timimg of the other group coming back on the firetruck?:rolleyes: Spare me. But I don't think I get as annoyed because I fast forward through the commercials

Do any of you watch Talking Dead after?

Kirman said there's a gay guy going to be popping in the the story line soon. Comic book readers, I think we know what this means? Perhaps.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
No I didnt watch anything, of course because, no cable. but I could never understand all the hate for Beth other than she got in the way of Daryl/carol shippers,

white JIC
But the way he reacted to her death and didnt, say go and lean on Carol for support even though she was right there with her hand on his shoulder, to me says a lot. what made me go WTF the most was Dawn's reaction to shooting her, Beth stabs her, then she shoots Beth, then she is like "OMG I didnt mean to!!!" I dont know but to me it was a weird reaction.
and of white.

in white

I was glad to see her go. I never liked her, from the beginning at the farm. She was weak and worthless IMO. I never found her interesting even in Grady. It was a bit sudden for Dawn to just shoot her, that was just a weird scene and never felt like it all flowed. I even backed up to figure out what the heck with Beth saying "I get it Now" And please someone, anyone eat the dang Preacher.

Members online

No members online now.