I was going through my dog bin yesterday and found a sample of CET Aquadent that I have - the stuff you're supposed to add to their water to prevent plaque and whatnot. Was skimming the back of it and noticed that it contains xylitol, the sweetener that is poisonous to dogs. What gives? I'm going to assume that if used "properly," the amount of xylitol is probably harmless.... but what if it's not used properly, or if some dogs are more sensitive to it than others, or what affect would it have on a dog consuming it long-term.... basically I think it's an unnecessary risk for them to add it. Just kind of blew my mind because this is a trusted brand sold in veterinary clinics. Always check your ingredients I guess.... this is not the only brand that makes the water additive stuff, so I'll definitely be using a different brand if I decide to try it. For what it's worth, as far as I can tell this is the only product they put it in - not in their toothpastes.