Discussion in 'Dogs - General Dog Chat' started by Bigpoodleperson, Mar 11, 2012.
If everything goes well on this house buying front, I'm hoping late this year/early-mid next year.
I should add that my 2014-2016 time frame is my head talking. My heart says my three will live forever which would be perfect as, combined, they are everything I could hope for.
This summer will be puppy time
That's my plan with ferrets. No more of my own... unless I get my breeder ferret.
He was intended to be and I will continue to try with him but he's proving to be a less than stellar match for what I wanted.
Ooh! As in born, or as in on USA soil?
Will be flying over mid summer!
My future puppy's dam just came into heat so late July
Not a "new" dog...but my Jackie Loo, who I've lived away from for 5 out of his 7 years, will be coming to live with me!!!!!!
Not until Pip has passed away, and he's just about to turn 7 so hopefully that's many years off.
I would love to add an(other) Alaskan husky to my crew but the relationship between Pip and Squash is a wee bit tenuous already so I really feel it would be too stressful for him to have another young whippersnapper in the house.
Here's our current plan:
When Kaylee passes (hopefully she's got a good 5-8 years left at least!).... get another Doberman bitch.
When Revy passes (who knows how long she has, with EPI and all) ... get nothing.
When Jayne passes (hopefully I get a good 8-9 more years with him!) ... get SOMETHING for sport. My brain is telling me to get a GSD, but certain club members are telling me to get a Malinois. Luckily I have several years to think about it.
When Talla passes... get a Doberman bitch.
Our ideal, going forward, will be two dobe bitches and one *other breed* dog. What that "other breed" is, is not yet determined. Depending on how into sport we get, I may get down to just two dogs... a sport dog for sport, and a Dobe bitch for everything else.
ASAP. But realistically probably not for quite a while. Mother refuses to let me get anymore dogs no matter what and rent is too expensive for me. can't move out. So no more dogs.
I would like to add a third member to our pack, but the SO is not ready for that. He tells me no more for a while.
So at the moment I have no idea when another dog will happen.
I am hoping that maybe eventually the idea won't seem so terrible to him...maybe once Menchi and Watson grow out of puppyness and adolescence and he forgets their more troubled moments
Story of my life... lol
Not until Eve is ready to retire.
With my boyfriend and I moving in together in the future, we're combining our dog family, so Eve will have to share her home with Dusk.
When Sprout is old enough to give me another, passes her health clearances and proves she is worthy to be bred.
There is one bitch I would take a puppy out of right now if I could though. She is my dream whippet and a puppy out of her would truly be a dream come true for me. I might, if given the opportunity, do just that.
Yes ditto lol Vancouver is lovely in many ways and blows big time in others...
Not to mention, if you could afford to move out good luck finding a place that allows a large dog or multiple small dogs or (hahaha!!) multiple large dogs, and is close enough to school.
Coincidentally, I've just been searching craigslist and places that could maybe possibly work that are $1000 or under are slim pickings.
I do want to move out, I dislike living here, but my parents are not responsible enough to keep the dog and finding a place that allows him and that I may be able to afford (probably living paycheck to paycheck...) is not really realistic. So here I stay.
Another dog? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I may be able to con my parents into another dog. Hell, I could just bring one home and they'd protest but they wouldn't make me get rid of it. But knowing the housing situation here, adding another dog does not even cross my mind. When I fantasize over other dogs its "when I own my own place I'll get a ____." But until then, I'm staying with the one.
Not getting another dog for a long long time it looks like...
(but when I own my own place I'd like to try an Italian Greyhound. If I manage to get my hands on a farm I'd like another shepherd (dutch, mal, german, KNPV, whatever specific dog I like), presas, LGD (for my sheep) and foster labradors)
Not until I move out. Probably a couple more years. Which is probably the most ideal because Juno will be 5ish and hopefully less of a spaz lol.
Or possibly in 5-6 years when my BC breeder has her next litter. I don't want to wait that long but if nothing works out before then, I might have to.
Wow, I'm not even going to dare think of adding another dog any time soon. I want to be out of college, financially stable, and living on my own before I even start to think of it, and that could be in who knows how many years. I do want a small pet though, like a rat, rabbit, hamster, or even a cat.
Possibly this year... but I'm not certain about it yet. I kind of like where things are now.