Wanting to start Gimmick on raw but...

Discussion in 'Dog Food and Recipes' started by StillandSilent, Sep 11, 2013.

  1. StillandSilent

    StillandSilent New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2006
    Messages:
    2,550
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Occupation:
    2
    Today was supposed to be the day we started raw, since we're out of kibble. Naturally, today is also the day he broke with kennel cough. :rolleyes:

    Since his little body is already under stress, should I hold off on the raw or does it matter? FWIW he is not on antibiotics at the moment.
     
  2. sojello

    sojello New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2013
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I would definitely wait. Some dogs can have a hard time adjusting to raw feeding so if he not only had kennel cough AND diarrhea/vomiting (possibility when starting raw), then it would be twice as stressful on his body.
    I would just wait until his kc has cleared up and then start him up :) good luck!
     

Share This Page