Save a person's life today - KY alert URGENT

Discussion in 'Forum News and Announcements' started by urgentanimals, Jan 31, 2009.

  1. urgentanimals

    urgentanimals New Member

    Jan 27, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    PLEASE TELL ANYONE/EVERYONE YOU KNOW in Kentucky (or any state without power). I don't know how you can reach them, but please let them know a KEROSENE HEATER can save their life---and the lives of their pets!!

    We purchased one during the last power outage--and we still use it several times a week (now it merely saves us a good chunk of money). PLEASE alert family, friends, shelters, rescues, etc., NO ONE HAS TO FREEZE TO DEATH DURING THIS OUTAGE. We purchased ours from Home Depot.

    Feel free to crosspost.
  2. BigDogs

    BigDogs Guest

    Please remind people to be very careful when using kerosene heaters. Make sure it has the feature of automatically shutting off if bumped or tipped and has adequate guards and grills. Be sure there is adequate ventilation, as the heaters usually create fumes. Don't leave home until the kerosene heater is off. Use only 1-K grade kerosene.
    For a better list of dos and don'ts, see NASD at

Share This Page