Discussion in 'Dog Health Care' started by Puppy power, May 4, 2004.
Is it bad for them to eat bees and how do you get them to stop ?
It's not they best idea for a pup to eat bees. Sooner or later one is going to sting. My vet told me to give my dog Benadryl after he was stung by a hornet. The dosage was one milligram per pound of body weight, but I started out with half that dosage and it worked just fine. I think there is a liquid formula Benadryl now for babies that would make it easier to set the dosage for a dog smaller than 25 pounds, since 25 mg is the smallest Benadryl capsule size I'm aware of.
I have no idea how to make your dog stop catching bees. I never could get Bear to stop until he got stung.
He gets stung but it dosn't efect her.
Regular bee stings never bothered Bear either, but the hornet was a different matter. Bear's nose got HUGE! He looked pitiful, but I'll have to admit he did look kind of comical, too.
My mess up she is a her.
When you see her or he get ready to get one say leave it firmly and dont say her or his name befor you tell it to leave it it will confuse the dog. Hope this helps!
Separate names with a comma.