My dachshund consumed sauce and possibly a few onions!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Health Care' started by chocolate, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. chocolate

    chocolate New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2004
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I was incredibly careless to leave a bowl of sauce with some onions in it in the dining room. My little dog, Chocolate consumed some sauce and possibly some onions which I'm aware are toxic. Is there anything I should feed her to help balance it out or anything? Should I immediately take her to the vet? Of course I will be extra cautious from now on.

    Thank you for your time,
    chocolate
     
  2. RD

    RD Are you dead yet?

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2004
    Messages:
    15,572
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Occupation:
    2 dogs
    Location:
    Ohio
    how much did she eat? Personally I have had my dogs get into a sauce with onions before and they had no trouble.. How much onion was in this sauce? If you think she ate a lot of onion, I would take her to the vet. If she only ate a tiny bit and there was not much onion in the sauce, I personally wouldn't be TOO concerned but I would still keep a very watcful eye on her.
     
  3. pitbulliest

    pitbulliest New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2004
    Messages:
    1,111
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    No no no..don't run to the vet..they'll just charge you for nonsense. Onions are toxic when fed in large amounts. If your dog had a few..well wait it out..I'm sure she'll be fine. The most she'll probably end up with is a little bit of diarhea...as for the sauce..what kind of sauce was it?... Alot of people feed their dogs human food and its really no big deal as long as its not junk food... I feed my dog a home cooked diet myself...

    As long as it wasn't poison..lol don't worry too much about it..just keep watch to make sure your pooch is fine..which I'm sure she will be.

    :)
     
  4. chocolate

    chocolate New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2004
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Oh she is fine now, thank you guys so much. I overreacted and I am going to be overly cautious from now on.

    As for onions...she ate a fair amount but not enough to get diorrhea, she did pee a lot because she drank large quantities of water which worried me because of the possibility of a bloated stomach.

    Thank you all so much for your help. ^_^ She is fine now except for something else. ^^;
     
  5. Renee750il

    Renee750il Felurian

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2003
    Messages:
    94,266
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Occupation:
    3, Bimmer, GSDX (m); Kharma, Fila Brasileiro (f);
    Location:
    Where the selas blooms
    Home Page:
    It's always something, isn't it. So far, in the last three weeks, Shiva has pilfered (from up high) and eaten 1 bag of very expensive raisins made from a variety of grapes (that I was really looking forward to); 3/4 of a bag of Oreos; 1/2 of a pack of dried apricots, adn 3/4 of a clamshell of chocolate mini-doughnuts. She had to rock the refrigerator to get the doughnuts to fall off of the top where they were stashed, presumably out of her reach! :eek:

    She's had no ill effects whatsoever, except for a very irate owner. She's very fortunate that Charley doesn't know about his doughnuts; I went out and got another container . . .
     

Share This Page