Well Penny finally has gone into heat. At ten months of age. She is bleeding quite a bit and is very clingy to me but other than that she's doing good. I know we should have gotten her spayed, we just weren't able to save up the money up until recently and then we felt it was better to wait til she went through her first heat and wait for a while after and then get it done. I've been trying to read up on the forum as much as i could, and I swear we are being really responsible about this, I do NOT want her to have puppies so I will not give her ANY chance. She is on a leash at all times outside and has not been in contact with any other dogs. My mom warned me to keep an extra close eye on her after the first two weeks coz she might try to get out to find herself some fun... so I will do that for sure. I would just like to know how long I will have to wait til her heat will be over and til I can let her be around other dogs again, I want to take no chances! And how long should I wait before getting her spayed? I noticed her bleeding on sat jan. 14th, so a little over a week ago now. hope you guys can help me out!