A few people were interested in seeing how it worked, so I thought I'd detail the progress with the collar so far. We tried it for the first time last night. I put it on the lowest setting (the minimal shock, just above vibration), and she barked and didn't seem to notice anything. I upped it one level, same thing. Upped it again, and tightened the collar one notch. The tightening did the trick. *BARK* *yelp!* *Karen bursts into tears* We turned the collar back down to the lowest level, but it wasn't necessary. She stopped barking immediately and curled up for the rest of the evening. As my husband says, the yelp was more of a scared factor than a hurt factor--it's the same sound she makes when I accidentally step on her foot and she's fine. This morning I put it back on her on the lowest level when I went to take a shower. She barked several times over the course of 20 minutes or so, but always only once, and then she'd stop. No yelping, no continuous barking, nothing. She is now curled up with me in the armchair. When something comes by, she breathes heavy and runs over to look, but doesn't bark. I hate that this is what it took to make the barking stop (or become inhibited), but I'm so grateful that it's working. I'm still pairing it with treats for not getting over aroused or being called off the windows, but this will maintain the punishment even when I'm not home, which is so much more fair to her. Thanks to all those who offered suggestions and ideas! I'm optimistic that this is going to solve our problems!