labradors's exercise plan

Discussion in 'The Dog Breeds' started by Puppy, Jun 30, 2005.

  1. Puppy

    Puppy Bernese Mountain Dog!

    Joined:
    May 15, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Occupation:
    1
    Location:
    UK
    Hi.i have some questions about the labrador breed.

    when the labrador is a full grown dog, meaning that his/her bones have fully grown, and they are able to be taken jogging etc for longer periods of time, is this exercise plan ok?

    7:15-7:30 moring walk.
    12:00-12:10 lunch break for a toilet break
    4:00-4:35 main run around,off the leesh.
    9:00-9:15 last walk outside/toilet.

    the dog will also be let out in the garden for toilet and to play,but those above are the main walks on leesh and one off leesh,which will be at a park.is that ok for a lab?

    thanks
     
  2. showpug

    showpug New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2005
    Messages:
    5,218
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Occupation:
    3 pugs and a bulldog
    Location:
    Oregon
    Sounds pretty good to me, but each dog's needs will vary a little. Labs, especially when they are young are VERY energetic. I would recommend that you get some interactive toys as well for your pooch to keep him/her busy when you are away. Overall, this sounds good to me :) Are you planning on getting a lab?
     
  3. Puppy

    Puppy Bernese Mountain Dog!

    Joined:
    May 15, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Occupation:
    1
    Location:
    UK
    so far a lab or a golden ret,but we still have alot of time to decide.we need to be 100% sure before we get one.in terms of exercise does a golden ret need less than above?or the same amount?
     
  4. juliefurry

    juliefurry Rusty but Trusty

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2005
    Messages:
    6,209
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Occupation:
    7
    Location:
    United States
    about the same, I would say. Although I have heard goldens are a little more laid back than the labs. I have a lab puppy and she is OFF THE WALL about 75% of the time (and the other 25% of the time she's sleeping...LOL). She's a GREAT puppy she is a really fast learner and is REALLY eager to learn as well.
     

Share This Page