Hey guys, it's been a bad day for dogs in my part of the world today. I need some information because I'm a little afraid for the health of my rescued puppy Java. I'm here in Cairo. Ethics is not an applied science here, I try to be ethical but others may not. This weekend I saw a dog kind of cough up some liquid, not barfing but not spitting per se either. I immediately thought "Don't let Java play with him for a while" And then today the person in charge(this is where ethics come into it) poisoned one of the unwanted dogs on campus. I would put the time for this around 7 or 8 in the morning. Maybe sooner, I wasn't there. At eleven I was walking Java and I noticed what looked like a dead dog in the distance. I immediately connected the dots in my head and thought to myself, "Oh yeah, there was poison out today". So I picked Java up and walked over to take a look. The dog was dead. And already stiff but not super rigid. This is where things get complicated. The dog I found was the same one that I saw during the weekend doing the cough up type thing. But the dog that was poisoned was NOT that dog. Then this afternoon about six I went to walk Java to the bathroom and he wasn't really responsive. I made all the way to his side without him waking up or responding really. (I immediately freaked out). But then I picked his floppy self up and held him for a minute. He seemed to wake up just fine. But when I was picking him up he kind of made a gurgly noise from inside of him and some snot(I think that must have been what it was) dripped to the floor. So here I am freaking out because this puppy has become extremely close to my heart. Here are the specific questions: 1. Is there some dog illness that starts with a bit of a cold type thing and a little gacking that ends in what looked like a semi-violent death(there were marks like the dog had been 'running' on its side during its last moments) 2. How long does it take a dead dog of about medium size to go stiff? 3. Is it possible that the first dog ate the stricknine(spelling?) and then barfed it and the second dog ate it? They're both dead now. What I'm really trying to find out is this: Did the dog die of stricknine poisoning or from that illness that it seemed to have over the weekend. You guys are the greatest. If Java is acting funny tomorrow I'll take him to a vet pronto. But this evening he's been acting quite normal since I woke him up earlier. Thanks.