So, currently I work at the vet clinic on Mondays, Fridays, and every other Saturday. Lately I've been having to scramble to get someone to cover for me Monday mornings because I have been needed at the zoo, and the zoo takes priority, period. My typical hours for the zoo are every other weekend all day both days, and Wednesdays mornings, and filling in as needed. Today I was offered more hours at the zoo - cover lunch for 2 hours every week day, plus animal care Wednesday and Friday mornings, plus every other weekend (actually, every weekend for now, since our other weekend person just quit). I really want to say yes and take the hours. BUT. 1. It would mean quitting the clinic, and quitting NOW. As in, I really need to send in my 2-weeks notice tonight or tomorrow at the latest. This is not a bad thing, just...it's sudden. I was talking with a client today and she asked me how long I'll be here (this was prior to receiving this offer), and I told her I really don't know, but it won't be much longer. I set a goal at the beginning of the year to not be working at the clinic anymore come the end of the year. And today I was on the verge of tears many times thinking about how much I DIDN'T want to be here (this was not helped by getting handed and evaluation form asking about what factors affect my attitudes at work...and at this point, I really wouldn't be able to hold myself back, it would HAVE to be honest, and my boss really, REALLY wouldn't like what I have to say. Though he did say I can do it in reaction gifs if I'd like...) 2. I am applying for a part-time job in a different department at the zoo. I CAN work in both departments if the hours don't conflict, but I highly doubt that will be the case. BUT...I don't even know if I'll get the job, or if I get offered the job, I don't know if I'll accept it. It pays more per hour, but may be less hours per week compared to this new arrangement. 3. I still need to finish a practicum. This current schedule allows me to work afternoon in practicum (and still get to volunteer in Farms once a week if I don't get the job in Farms or choose not to accept it). But it doesn't allow for mornings, and mornings is when most stuff is done. Practicum means learning EVERYTHING a zookeeper does, so I need to work mornings. HOWEVER, when we get another weekend person in, I can work every other weekend in the morning. I know what I WANT to do. I know what I probably should do. I just need a little push and some confidence that it'll be okay when I take that leap. Also, how does one actually go about quitting a job properly? Do you go in person and resign? In writing? Via e-mail? All of the above? I don't work again until Friday, but if I take this opportunity, I can't wait that long to resign.