Dogs eating chocolate. I know it's bad for them because of that chemical I can't remember the name of, but has anyone ever had a dog chocolate experience, be it turning out bad or good? I'm interested because my dog ate half a block of caramel milk chocolate about 5 weeks ago but, whilst reading about symptoms and doses that will harm a dog, he showed no sign of having eaten it, as I stayed up most of the night watching him. I'm 95% sure it was him, but no-one saw it and there was no chocolate residue on his face or on the floor. I want to know if your dogs have ever eaten it and how they reacted. I know that dark chocolate is the worst, and this was milk chocolate with caramel, so less chocolate anyway, but I'm still puzzled by the no reaction. He is a 25kg (about 50 pounds I think) Samoyed and I was, and still am, puzzled by this mystery.