I wasn't sure if this would be better off in health or here, so feel free to move if needed. A friend has rescued a 6 month old male Rottie out of a bad situation. The dog was dumped by his owner because he wasn't mean enough. Luckily, my friend likes the breed, and wants to keep "Satan" (Now Santana) for her own. He is a big love bug, and will hopefully be a wonderful ambasssador for the breed one day. The issue is this. Santana is not neutered. She had read the studies linking Rottie bone cancer to early neutering, and wants to wait until he is 2 to neuter. This would be fine, except only one of Santana's testicles has dropped. At this point, it seems unlikely that the other one will fall naturally. She wants to know if she is better of neutering now, and risking bone cancer, or waiting and risking the testicle turning cancerous. Her vet is pushing her to neuter, but didn't seem very aware of some of the newest studies on pediatric spay/neuter. I had no idea what to tell her, but I told her I knew the right place to ask. What would you guys do in this situation?