about 80% of the time living with my roommates is just fine. The other 20% I just want to forcibly evict one roommate's friends from the premises. Don't get me wrong, I like most of their friends and don't mind when they come over. What frustrates me is when one roomie has friends over and I want quiet either just because I need to settle before bed, or I want to sleep, and they are outside my room doing loud things. For example, right now a friend we'll call Y and my roomie are watching something loud on Y's computer while also blaring the TV and probably not paying attention to it. My room is a den that is right off the living room, so I can hear everything that goes on in there even with my door shut. Asking them to turn the TV down is not a problem, but if if I ask them to talk quieter or anything else, my roomie tells me to sleep in her room. I don't WANT to sleep in her room. Her bed is uncomfortable and I hate dragging my equipment (CPAP machine, etc) into another room. My roomie works the night shift so she feels like she doesn't get to see anyone so if I ask her to not have friends over late (like after 10 or 11, me and my other roomie tried asking that once) she will just get upset about it and it could potentially cause a fight which will solve NOTHING. I have to get up at 6 AM because I am back working part time at the rescue shelter because I seem to suck at doing anything else or something and I want to be settling down and getting ready for bed (I intend to attempt sleep at 10) but I CAN'T because all I hear is their $^%*^ NOISE. And its not just a minor "annoyance", if I'm around people too much and/or too much noise, it exacerbates my anxiety issues and stresses me the crap out. I try to be as quiet as I can for my roomie who sleeps during the day (occasional smoke alarms going off when we cook because they are stupidly sensitive notwithstanding), and I don't understand why she can't extend to me the same courtesy. I wish I could walk out my door and say "Y, GO HOME." but I can't. I do like living with people, I just like QUIET. I can't fall asleep when there's noise like other people can. I have airport earmuffs that I wear to bed to block out traffic noise, but they don't block out noise well when its RIGHT THERE on the other side of my door. What I need is to eventually live with one other person who is equally as low-key as me, and who doesn't need a lot of other people around. I think that would be nice. I just wish I knew how to deal with this frustration. Mostly I just endure, since the loud times are usually only when my roomie has nights off. It would be nice, though, to one day live somewhere I don't have to go through this frustration on an almost weekly basis.