crate training

1. S

Help with our 10 month old rescue

We rescued a 10 month old poodle mix (most likely a shih-poo) who is 14 lbs last month. He is such a sweet guy and he seems to be adapting to our family. We have noticed that he gets so "skittish" when we try to go to him..especially with the leash to go to take him for a walk. He...
  2. L

Crate Training Basics

To a dog, a crate can be like his own special home inside your home. A safe place, a den of sorts, that your dog can go to when he wants to feel secure. Some people think that putting your dog in a crate is cruel, but it is only cruel if you do it in an abusive manner such as leaving your dog in...
  3. N

Potty Training Not Working... Please, Help!

I have an 8 month old German Shepherd Mix puppy who I adopted 5 months ago. Since then, my boyfriend and I have been following crate training by the book but he still pees in the house daily (sometimes multiple times a day). We put him in his crate, and we only let him out of the crate if he...
  4. S

Stopping whining

We just adopted a 6 week old lab mix 2 days ago from our local shelter. I know that she is two weeks too young to be away from mom and siblings, but as she had already been removed from her mother, there wasn't much we could do about it. That being said, we are trying to be extra cautious about...
  5. M

Another Dog Lover Joins the Pack

Hey All, I'm a middle-aged guy who has been raising/training/living with dogs since I got out on my own. My lovely wife and I never got around to having kids so dogs have been an integral part of the "love exchange" in our household. My last three (Gunner the 3 legged Lab, Karl the GSP and...