Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Very Food Agressive

Ame: Japanese for Rain or Candy since she was going to be named Truffle but it just didn't fit.
Mojo: My brother named him... So I dunno
Izzy: Was supposed to be a boy puppy named after Izzy(Izumi) from Digimon but when Justin picked out a girl dog it became Izzy for Isabelle.

Past Pets:
Rocky: the black chow named after the movie I believe
Frebase:.... The white chow which I believe my father named as a joke (Frebase= street name for a drug)
Nikki: the black lab I named for no apparent reason
Copper: the golden after the Fox and the Hound
Sally: the dobe mix who was often afraid and slithered ont he ground like a salamander
Sherman: the gsd mix came pre-named from the shelter and it suited him
Kujo: the maltese/cocker/poodle mix was so named because my mother thought is would be amusing

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Big Dog

Default Seger...........hmmmmm guess!

We were waiting to bring Seger home, and still didn't have a name for him. We went to see a concert in October.........drumroll..........Bob Seger! and it stuck!

So the registered name is "insert Kennel name here" Ramblin' Gamblin' Man and his name is Seger. We always call him Seger Bob though.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:17 PM
MyHorseMyRules

My sister came up with the name Raja. I'd been trying to think of something, and as soon as I said that name... It stuck. lol Couldn't think of anything else that suited her.

Tempie... Well, she was named Temporary because she was supposed to be just temporary. And my fellow chazzers thought it would be funny to call her Temporary. Probably just because they knew I'd keep her.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Let it be

Spanky is a little rascal. I was going to call him rascal but Spanky seemed more cheeky. Bandit came with his name. Miles came with her name.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Puppy Dog

Default :-)

I gave shyanne her name because I loved the name and I soon as I saw her it seemed to fit her. She was a bit shy for a long time. Harley was about the same. The name just popped into my mind when I saw him. My fiance didn't like the name at first but after he drove him home he decided that it was a good fit fir him so it stuck.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Big Dog

When i was on my way to get Mac i was really excited i was trying to think of names, i said maybe i should call it Mac weather it's a girl or a boy, i didn't think i actually would.

I got her in Darwin about three hours from Katherine, so we had to stop and get a towel and stuff for the back seat. McDonalds was across the road from the supermarket so we went in there first i sat her on my lap and ate outside. A McDonalds worker came out and said she was really cute, she asked what her name was i said i didn't know because i just got her. After she went in side i thought about it Mac just looked like a Mac and we were at Maca's. So i took it as a sign and named her Mac.

On the trip home she slept on my lap and pile of pillows, when she woke up she came straight over to me and peed on my lap. That was gross but she was the cutest puppy. ever.

Mac Attack
Rip Daisy
Old 01-28-2009, 07:10 AM
southern fried mush

Shadow's name was given on his purchase papers. He was originally bought by friends at a pet store. Anyway, his name seemed to fit and I never saw a need to change it. However, my nickname for him, that I whisper in his ear when he is on my lap is Pretty Boy.

I aspire to the nobility of a dog.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:20 PM
My dog tickles my soul

I haven't read through all of these yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I just wanted to share Morgan's story first.

When we found our little 10-week old puppy at the shelter, he was listed with the name "Rocky". Well, my husband and I didn't think that fit him at all, so in the two days before we actually brought him home, we got to work thinking of a name for him.

We came up with "Roland" (brand of piano... we're music nerds, we actually had this name in mind before we even met him) and "Cooper" (after the other Manning brother). We couldn't decide between those two names, so we decided we would let the puppy show us which name he fit better when we brought him home.

So brought the puppy home, and 24 hours later NEITHER name fit him AT ALL. We were SOOOO frustrated, too! Lol! So we went back to thinking up names, but we were completely stuck.

There was snow on the ground that weekend, and while taking him outside to potty he would try to sit on our feet, much like a baby penguin. We thought it was cute, so we tried to think of penguin names.

We had just watched "Happy Feet" for the first time a few weeks prior, so we almost named him "Mumble". It was close, but still didn't sound quite right. Then we were REALLY frustrated, because we couldn't think of any other penguin movies... except for "March of the Penguins". But none of the penguins have names in that movie! There is nothing we could use to name this puppy from "March of the Penguins"! There is only the narrator... Morgan Freeman.

Oh.

So the puppy was named Morgan, right then and there. And it's perfect for him. We kept his shelter name as a middle name, Morgan Rocky, but we don't use his full name very often.

Morgan honestly was the hardest pet we ever had to name. With our cats, Whitacre and Ticheli, we had those names picked out YEARS in advance. Our pre-picked naming worked out pretty well then. It was really annoying when we couldn't call Morgan by a name for the first day or two.

(Sorry that is such a long story... but I will always enjoy it! )
Old 02-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Top Dog

That's a cool story about Morgan...so he's kinda named after Morgan Freeman!

I have a bunch more names picked out. If I ever get a deaf dog I want to name it Keller (boy or girl) after Helen.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Top Dog

Regis- I just thought it was unique and would be really cute on a dog, and it was
Kyrie- I read the name on my boyfriends video game but I liked my pronounciation better, anyway I fell in love with it!

Inu(cat)- It took weeks to name her, I knew I wanted a japanese name so I did a TON of translating and finally Travis suggested we look up dog, and the second I read "Inu" I just knew xD
Twincy(cat)- There was a gal who went by this name on a forum many years ago and I just thought of it after I adopted her and decided to keep it