Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-24-2013, 04:30 AM
Active Pup

I known as my doggy rolo because of her delicious chocolate and caramel shading. It suits her too because she is extremely lovely. These days, she is like our family member, all of my family member spend time with her.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 AM
Active Pup

I chose the name Mischief for my dog. As the name goes he is very mischievous and energetic throughout the day.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:50 AM
Active Pup

My dogs name is Chase. I guess this is quite a famous name for dogs. Just love to call him Chase. Its so appropriate for a dog.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Vizsla mom

I HATED Penn's name ..but I promised Garret if he got me a dog, he could name her. LOL

So, she was a W litter. Her registered name had to start with a W. I wanted something totally different but Garret chose Wishing Well and what do you throw in wishing wells? Pennies! So. Penny got her name aha not very exciting!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Top Dog

Ken & I were originally going to wait until spring 2013 or 2014 to get a dog.

So when I jumped the gun in the fall of 2012 and put in an application for stardog's foster, Cody, Ken wasn't exactly thrilled at first.

We had previously agreed that I could pick the dog and he got to name it.

I like the name Cody and wanted to keep it. When we started talking names Ken immediately came up with Crossbone (must of been something to do with our skull & crossbone paraphernalia and collection of Crosses) and it grew on me. His long name is Sir Cody Crossbone, that way we can introduce him in public as Cody or Crossbone, depending on the person.

Most of the time we call him Cross, Crosserton, Crossbonehead, Crosser Ts, etc.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 02-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Kung Pow Fish

I decided very early on, when I had chosen my kennel name, taht all my names were going to be from scifi/fantasy, video games, or anime

So far Iv had Sun and Shadow (Vanyel), V for Vendetta (V), Adiane the Elegant (Seirun), Hakkikt Pyanfar (Kitty), Mirage of Deceit (Atoli), Enkidu, Firestorm (Lavan/Phoenix)

my next pup will be Red Scorpion (Quistis) for a girl, and Cthulhu if boy, and somewhere Ill use Quetzalcoatl
To change the world
To reach the farthest star
If we should stay silent
If fear should win our hearts
Our light will have long diminished
Before it reaches the farthest star"

-Ronan Harris, NVN Nation
Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Kimma is the only one I've gotten to name, though I love and got lucky with Pentti and Bubbles - their names suit them quite well

With Kimma, I struggled for FOREVER to come up with a name. I was going the Mortal Kombat route for a bit, and wanted her name to be Sonya (as in Sonya Blade), then I was thinking of anime names (I really liked Saya from Blood+), but nothing stuck. While watching hockey one night (DH is a HUGE hockey, specifically Flyers, fan), somehow he thought of changing the -o to an -a in Kimmo Timonen's name, and that was it. Little did we know that Kimma actually translates to "little chick" or "little girl." Worked out quite nicely

For my next Finkies, I will be doing something similar - finding Finnish words/names with translations/meanings that suit their personalities, and going from there. I'm not creative enough to come up with long registered names either, so everything like that will be super straightforward.

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 22 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 5 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 02-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Active Pup

I named my dog because of its color, Brownie. I choose that name cause it is easy to memorize.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:32 AM
Active Pup

Default pet name

Jack is my dogs, i named him cuz of my friends name and i consider jack as my best friend in whole world
Old 03-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Active Pup

We named our girl Dara because it easily rolls over the tongue and also in Slavic languages Dar means Gift