Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

No cute story or anything... I let Justin name Maggie. I think it suits her though. Her shelter name was Sheba and we didn't really like it. She doesn't seem like a Sheba.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Active Pup

Gempress, you wrote this when naming your dog...

Quote:
Voodoo--We were trying to name him after a god, too, but he wasn't responding to any of the ones we tried. I said, "Let's try the deities of Voodoo," and our dog perked up and responded to "Voodoo".
Can't say I've ever heard of someone choosing to name their dog this way, thats pretty unique.

Since I like the name I'm wondering if you'd mind my adding your dogs name to my Cool Dog Names page (under the letter V) on my site here...

http://www.dog-names-and-more.com/Cool-Dog-Names.html

Also, since I'm reading some really interesting ideas here, and will hopefully read many more...I'll be happy to add some of these dog names to my site.

Just think of it! Your dogs name might be immortal!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Top Dog

When Meg came up from West Virginia, her name was Spice. I didn't like it, and she didn't respond to it at all, so I figured I was safe changing it. I was trying to think of spice names for her, and wanted to name her Annie for anise, but my cousin was about to have a daughter and was planning to name her Anna, so that was out. My mother came up with Nutmeg, since the color was about right. It morphed quickly into Meggie, and then just Meg.

One name I thought was really clever, but I passed on, was Fern. Because Meg was so quiet and easy from day one, my mother said it was just like having a plant in the house!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Top Dog

I chose Padfoot A: Because I was seriously into Sirius Black [lol, bad pun] at the time and he happened to be both my favorite puppy in the litter and black.
B: Because a Padfoot, aka a Grim, is also an omen of death. I tell people that and they stay awaaaay. Which is good, I don't want people crowding around me when I take him somewhere. Also hoping he would protect me at night.

Didget: My stepmom says it's "Dog" and "Midget" stuck together. Okay then.

Cindy: My mom thought she looked like the Grinch's dog Max, so Cindy's whole name is Cindy Lou Who. XD

Baby: I have no idea. Probably because she makes grunting sounds like a pig, lol.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

Milo, is not, according to popular belief, named after the dog from the Mask.

He's named after the Venus De Milo statue. I really just loved the name a lot, planned on using it on a future son but decided to give it to Milo, instead.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
BusterLove

We just name dogs what name suits them. Buster took ages to name, he went through Frog, Pumpkin, Spike, Junior before we came to Buster, and it suits him.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:22 PM
BusterLove

MM, everytime I think of milo, I think of this milo.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Squishy face

Daisy - my mom always wanted to name a dog "Daisy", so when we got her and I couldn't think of a name, I said ok she's Daisy.

Benji - he came with the name, and he knew it already, so it stayed.

Cats
Siam - I was a kid when we got her, and she's a siamese, so she was named Siam.

Petey - he was named after my mom's friend from HS who died of stomach cancer last year. His name at the SPCA was "Charlie" which we didn't really like anyway. Petey fits him well.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Kotah BEAR

Bear got his name b/c when he was puppy he looked just like a Polar Bear cub.
Jet was a rescue so she came with hers. lol
Old 12-16-2008, 09:59 PM
just call me Nilly

I think I've told this story a thousand times before... but I'll tell it again. Sorry to those who know it already!

A week or so before knowing Sierra even existed, I had a dream about having a dog named Sierra. Never considered the name before, and didn't love it, so I didn't think much of the dream.

Sierra came into the store with her foster mom and I instantly knew she was my dog. Only AFTER I'd been fawning on her for a few minutes did I learn her name, and it sealed the deal.

I wouldn't have fathomed changing her name, it seemed "fate"

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010