Secret Santa - The Idea Thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
For those of you participating in the Secret Santa swap, this thread is where you can get (or give) ideas about what to pick up for your swap partner! Nobody is required to post here, but if there is anything your dog absolutely CANNOT have - particularly if allergies or safety hazards are at play - please do let us know!!

You can post in here information about your dogs, their likes and dislikes, collar, harness, or t-shirt sizes, things like that! Include as much or as little as you like!

I'll start with a little about the Auggie Doggie...
Auggie is a male sable sheltie, just over 15 pounds. His "colour" is red. He's fluffy, so for t-shirts he actually wears a size large. He wears a harness rather than a collar since shelties are notorious for slipping collars, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE leads. I dig skulls and even spikey "tough guy" things for him, because he's so hardcore, LOL.
He adores squeaky toys and tennis balls. Those squeaky Kong tennis balls are a big hit around here! Any peanut butter-flavoured treats make him go NUTS - his favourite is those new Cloud Star soft Buddy Biscuits in the PB flavour.

He can be a gulper rather than a chewer, so no rawhides, Greenies, or any other kinds of HUGE treats that can't be broken up into small pieces please! (He's a little guy with a little mouth!)

Oooh okay...

Maggie is a 30lb sheltie mix. She LOVES to chew and it's hard finding her things to chew that last longer than 3 days. She likes pretty much any treat except milkbones. Her collar size is "medium" - I think the 14-17" ones work for her.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Hmmm....

Chloe loves all toys, but please NO STUFFIES (i get tired of cleaning up the mess lol)
No rawhides or greenies or anything like that..

She loves bullysticks and soft treats and she also likes Cloud Stars Buddy Biscuits

She wears a size 20-22 collar ummm she likes purples and oranges for her colors...

She doesnt wear clothes, and she hates baths so really whatever someone is willing to get her we will both love :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WHen do we get to find out who we have..that would be very helpful for me.
Pepper needs an id tag with couple phone numbers on it. Would be nice for Victor too. mary would just like a goodie. THat is all she would ask for if she could ask.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Buster is an almost 6 (birthday at the start of Jan) year old Kelpie/ACD (or Stumpy Tail Cattle Dog) He is 21kg (about 46lbs I think?)

His colour is dark green.

He loves toys... he loves to rip them up into teeny tiny peices than leave them on the floor for me to clean up. He will play mad GETTHEBALL games every once in awhile but only when noone else can see him. (his happy dance embaresses him)

He LOVES being brushed, he has a very thick undercoat and I need to find something that will work better than his undercoat rake.
Anything I am buying for him collar I usually just go for medium or border collie size, I just measured his neck though and its 18inch. He does have one pretty collar but no nametag.
Um, I love leashes but I'm careful about what I use because of his DA.

Please no food treats, they make customs unwrap my presents and then they theives them! And also it will be the middle of summer here around christmas, weather will be hot hot hot!

If I think of anything else later, I'll chuck it up here.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Treats:

-No rawhides/greenies, please. Other than that, Middie goes gaga over just about anything.

Toys:

Pretty much anything... tennis balls, frisbees, etc. We're not picky. Anything squeaky is awesome. Middie and I especially love cuzs (medium sizes are Middie's favorites - he can't squeak the big ones), orbees of any sort, kongs, squeaky tennis balls, nylabones, etc.

Items I really want:

Large size kong, even a medium-size one.
Cheap nylon martingale collar (1 inch wide) with matching 6' nylon lead. Bright colors preferable, although I don't really want black/red/blue. (Middie has a 16inch neck) Nothing fancy. It's a long, irritating story on why I need this and haven't gotten it myself yet, lol.

If you get me any of those, you will DEFINITELY have made my year. :D And of course nothing on the list is required, they're all just suggestions.

I can't really think of any items for the human. I.. um.. I'm kinda boring. I would of course love a card, but that's really about it..

CaliTerp07

Lucy is a 3 year old shelter mutt, possibly spaniel/chow/border collie/lab/who knows what. She weighs about 27 lbs.

Treats: Anything! Lucy is a garbage disposal for food. Soft is best though.

Toys: She loves soft stuffies. I think she has sensitive teeth, because she hates chewing things or plastic toys or anything hard. No balls--she has no interest in fetching. She loves to play tug-of-war though, so stuffies that have tails or are long so I can grab a non-soggy portion would be great. Hubby requests no squeakers, but I think it's hilarious to listen to her squeak 'em!

Other: A gentle leader harness size small (her medium is a smidge too big), a treat pouch to clip to my pocket for training, something to organize her leashes/collar/harness with (a wall hanger with posts?, a box/basket of sorts?), a picture of her if you're an artist!, any pretty collar or leash (she's a medium).

She's black, so she goes with anything ;) Favorite colors are purple/green/light blue. No clothes please.

I don't know--Lucy will have most fun with the wrapping paper, so it probably doesn't matter what's inside :)

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Sierra is an approx. 1 year and 8 month old spotty hound mix. She's long and short, and weighs about 40lbs.

She's easy to shop for. She doesn't destroy stuffies, she loves squeakies (the kong tennis balls are her FAVOURITE things in the world), and she'll chew on hard stuff (or just throw it at me). She has a Genius Leo, and we've discovered toys that make her think are a big hit. She loves playing tug!

She's a garbage disposal, and will eat anything with little ill effects, but I do keep her away from treats that aren't "natural" (ie. no milkbones or beggin' strips). No rawhides please.

I definitely don't expect a collar or leash in Secret Santa, no matter how much we love them, but just incase someone feels like being really nice, I prefer 4' leashes and she has an 15" neck. She looks fantastic in purples as I've discovered, and browns, pinks, greens. Reds/oranges/yellows tend to clash with her fur.

No clothing please, if you saw those pictures I posted that were in the paper, you could clearly tell that Sierra is NOT a dress up dog. Her dad however LOVES her in bandanna's.

I don't expect anything for myself, so will leave that to my SS partner ;)

B

Backward_Cinderella

We're not really needing collars, I love the ones they have, and we have a ton of them, so no collars please, unless you find something absolutely fabulous that you think my dogs NEED. Doom wears a large and Bobsie a Small.

We do need tags, though. We just moved. I love the red dingo tags, if you want to have those done, lett MissAshby or Beanie know and they can ask me for my numbers. Bobsie's are ligth blue and Doom's are dark green. The paw prints are what they have now and I love them.
They also need their micro chips updated, and I don't have money for them. I think its eight dollars each? They need SOMETHING to identify where they live now.

Bobsie wears clothes, if you do clothes, think beagle sized, because she doesn't wear an exact size in anything, because everything runs different.

Doom loves to fetch, but won't fetch anything other than a ball. He kills them all the time, so he could use a new one (or lots of new ones LoL)

I would LOVE a kong and stuffing for them if you feel like splurging.

If you buy treats they love anything peanut buttery, but nothing with dairy because then Doom smells worse than a skunk.

I'm so excited for this!!!!
I can't wait to see what everyone else wants!!!

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
Okay....my three are all a little strange it seems.

Kai isn't really into toys or chews - but the girl LOVES food. She is a huge fan of pig snooters, buffalo bites, gourmet cookies (veggie is a favorite of hers), and the wellness wellbars. If you want to get a toy it should be small (like the size for a toy breed/puppy) and really soft - she is very gentle.

Nomi is pretty happy with whatever toy she can get. The only thing she won't play with are toys are really hard for her to chew on or ones made of latex. She carries her nylabone around like it's a security blanket.

Brawt can be kinda difficult. :) He LOVES toys but is very picky about them. He will not play with any made of plastic, latex, or hard rubber. They must but soft, plush and make noise (yay!) - the problem is he likes to pluck his toys bald (nothing with shaggy/long hair) and is a very hard chewer. He also loves to chew (kong, nylabone) and play with toys that keep his mind going.

All three of them are in need of new dog bowls, collars, and leads....but I don't honestly expect ANYONE to send that through SS, but if that is something you want to send we will be very thankful! Brawt is the only one who will wear clothes. Since, he is pretty bald on his chest/belly he usually wears sweaters in the winter to keep warm. I'm not sure of any exact size because it always changes. He weighs about 15-17lbs and is LONG...and has really SHORT legs. :)

Please do not send any rawhide, greenies, pig ears (anything of that nature), or anything made with anytype of seafood.

LauraLeigh

I have several, and I am not sure but think the exchange is per home? So PLEASE do not feel obligated to buy for all 5:yikes: We are not fussy, and all my dogs share stuffies and toys nicely. A couple have food issues so the only thing I'd say to avoid is treats, and even then I could dish them out selectively.

Truly, whatever is sent they will love!!!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Izzy and Frodo are both just shy of 3 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgis.

Please nothing edible for these two or I will make you pay dearly (ie. I'm sending Izzy to you so you can deal with her cannon butt, :p), unless it is really bland (if you're unsure just have someone secretly PM me the ingredients and I can let you know :)). One treat I've been meaning to get is the Simon & Huey's treats, either Kickin' Chicken or Wild Ginger (the small training treats). They also do well with the small Buddy Buscuits. I do ask that if you go the treat route, that it's either really tiny treats or something soft enough to break into teeny tiny bits as the only treats given away around here are during training.

Uhm, they can both wear bandannas, but neither will willingly wear clothes and they'd roast in any type of coat. I don't have their exact collar measurements right now but I don't really expect someone to get them collars for this. If you want to though, just have someone secretly PM me again and I'll get them for you, lol.

I like interactive toys to keep them busy. They already have Kongs, Busy Buddy Twist N' Treat, Busy Buddy Squirrel Dude, and Everlasting Treat Balls. I'd love to get my hands on the Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug though.

Any kind of toys (balls, cuz's, etc.) are useless here, unfortunately :rolleyes:

I know that doesn't give you much, if you really need more let me know...

As for me, erm. I really don't have a clue...just get for the dogs, lol!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
This is by no means a list of *everything* I want - I'm just throwing out a bunch of ideas...

Ilsa: stuffies, preferably the extra poofy ones she can suck on. She really likes that faux sheepskin fabric. She also likes those toys with the stuffies inside that she can pull out and carry around. Basically anything stuffie and luxurious.

Ronin: stuffies, he likes the roundish ones that barely fit in his mouth, preferable with squeakers or noisemakers. He does not like Tuffie's toys (though I wish he did!) Ronin's color is PEENK! :D

Ada: she's a tough little dog, she needs tough stuff! Filled bones (with light colored filling please!) or nylabones (medium sized) are good. Her absolute favorites are those Hartz "nylabone-type" bones with the softer clear-ish nubbies.

Tennis balls are *always* a hit for all the dogs, as are high-quality canned foods - no peas please, and chunks are always better than "loaf style".

No-No's...
~ rawhides
~ treats (I have too many!)
~ clothes
~ collars - I have enough of those... ;)
~ extra small nylabones or chewy bones - nothing shorter than 5" long.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Sawyer is a male going on 8 month old yellow Labrador.

Maggie May is a female 3 year old black and white parti Cocker Spaniel.

NUMBER ONE THING!!!!! Lol I would love whoever my secret santa is forever if I was given a head collar for Sawyer. Really its no big deal but its definately on my wish list. Because of the price I would say if I just got that I would be thrilled. IF you do decide to buy one I would say medium-large.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751500

Treats/chewies- Anything but rawhides/greenies. Neither Maggie nor Sawyer are too picky.

Toys- tennis balls, squeakies, kongs (black for sawyer), and stuffies are all welcome in my house. Interactive toys are also a plus especially for Sawyer.

Other stuff- Maggies color is hot pink and black for most collars/harnesses. Sawyer really doesent have a color though I do like brown leather (fake or real doesent matter). I love leads especially ellas leads ;). Though Maggie is really the only one in need of a new lead.

Maggies collar size and harness is medium. Both of Sawyers is large.

If you decide to buy me something as well here are a few general ideas. I collect horses, love music, books, and am really easy to please lol.

Last edited:

corgi_love

So I have Regis and Kyrie:

No stuffed or squeaker toys with thin material that can be torn up, even if it has a nice tough lable like Kong. Regis will chew, rip up, and destroy anything(except the actual Kongs, but we have two so we don't need another). Kyrie has a hard time keeping toys safe so no stuffies please!

Regis:

He is a 38 pound Cardigan Welsh Corgi. He is a size Large due to his large chest :) I have yet to found any little booties that fit his legs & big feet so.. none of those lol. Regis is not picky: he loves treats, chewies & bones.. I love collars and leads, I can actually see them on Regis.. But nothing with girl colors or Travis will not allow him to wear it, lol.

Kyrie:
She is an almost 4 month old Newfoundland who is currently about 50 pounds I think. She is a very big puppy and growing and ALL the time.
She is growing RAPIDLY, I dont know what size she is now, let alone what she will be in one month or when full grown. So no clothes please, but a cute girly bandanna would be fine! No collars because with her fur, you cant really see 'em, leashes are fine though :) She loves bones and chewies, but she needs big ones due to her big and getting bigger mouth! She LOVES treats, any kind.

Just a note, I don't buy like the unhealthy "walmart-type" treats, I get homemade ones and try to stick to the more healthy kinds. I don't feed like, that tastes like bacon stuff or anything.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas :D

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Here I go. :D
First off, I am not picky, and neither are my boys... we would love and appreciate anything anyone gave us!

Gonzo:
40 lbs, size medium/large, only mildly destructive. Gonzo really enjoys toys - fetchable toys in particular. Frisbees, balls, orbees, boomerangs, all that. If they float in water, that's a plus! He also enjoys stuffies, but not nearly as much. He looks dashing in blue, turquoise, yellow, green, etc. He does not need any collars, but I always love leads!

Fozzie:
45 lbs, size medium/large, not destructive. Fozzie loves food, most of all. He loves chewies of all sorts (pls no rawhides). He LOVES treat balls and interactive toys. He is a huge fan of tug toys. He enjoys stuffed toys, too. He doesn't need any collars, either, but bandanas would be fantastic! Fozz looks good in practically any color... except I'm not sure if he could pull off pink.

Treats/Chews/Edible things:
It's no big thing, because they ARE just treats, but I would prefer treats and chews with natural ingredients. Otherwise, they don't have any food allergies at all, and they love everything.

saffie

Okay, here are some ideas

I have Saffie and Boy.
Both are mixed breeds with Border Collie.

Saffie and Boy will like all treats, and don't have allergies. But when it comes to chew treats Boy isn't a very careful chewer so maybe no rawhides.

They love all kinds of toys as well. Balls, kong toys, stuffed toys, tug toys, etc. Any toy will make them happy. I also like toys for fetching that float in the water.

Saffie has an 13-14 inch neck size and Boy an 18 inch neck size, in case you want to buy a collar for one of the dogs. I do like collars. Colours could be brown, purple, red, blue, green, black.
A leash will be great too.

I hope this helps.
We will be happy with anything so just pick something you like :)

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Toys: I would prefer for no stuffies to be sent, as we have too many that it is. But any stuffies you think the dogs would love... they love overly huge things with squeakers... or ones they can play with together. Kiba LOVES plain tennis balls (not the raquet kind).

Treats: Please nothing with grains, or wheat. I really like any of the Buddy Biscuit treats (soft) and the large gingerbread men kinda (have tooo many of the little ones already). I'd prefer for them to be soft, and smelly, as we use them for training only. The Simon and Huey ones we really like.

Both dogs will wear clothes and bandanas... Kiba's usually a medium, Stryder's usually a large. Their "colors" right now are Kiba- teal, white and pink and Stryder - grey black and red.

Anything made OF the dogs would be awesome, Stryder would love one of those handmade blankets with the frayed/tied edges (though I dont expect anyone too!) for his house.

I think that's about it. Anything with schnauzers on it (black uncropped) I would love, or schnauzer or agility related (no car bumper stickers or anything as I dont have one! LOL)

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Well, I have a triple threat here...pick and choose from ideas given, or be creative on your own! We will be happy with most anything!

Traveler--13 yo labrador ret. She is about 75-80 lbs. Collar--2" wide, large size. She loves fetch toys.

Baxter--3 yo beagle mix. He is about 40 lbs. He is all about treat oriented toys! Collar size--1" wide, medium size (adjustable seems to work best). Leads are a nice option too.

Wilson--?5yo bassett hound mix. He is about 45 lbs---and has some powerful jaws on him! Andy chew toys (which he loves) need to be tough and sturdy to hold up to him! He does best with a martingale style collar, 2" wide. He looooves to run, chase, and loves to play tug!

The only things I would ask NOT to send would be rawhide or treats that don't have ingredients listed on the package. Trav has some stomach issues and I would like to avoid any issues. :) Also --stuffies just don't work, since my daughter has alot of them and the dogs know they can't touch those types of items around here.

Members online

No members online now.