Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 PM
LB2007

Default THIS WILL BREAK YOUR HEART, It did mine :(

This is such a cruel thing the puppy mills of the USA. Please watch this video, it will rip your heart right out of your chest. How can anybody be SO cruel? I had tears in my eyes watching these poor animals

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LjT0IEP-ULo
Old 10-02-2007, 05:28 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

Sorry, I watched the first 2 seconds until she said she was with the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Just another ploy for them to get money.

I understand that puppymills suck but PETA sucks too.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Top Dog

Certain things about PETA are good, though. They're just a bit extreme. -watches-
Old 10-02-2007, 05:43 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

NOTHING about PETA is good. When the president of PETA says that people shouldnt have pets and that all pit bulls should be dead....well....that about sums PETA up. They are a bunch of a$$holes.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Top Dog

I used to think PETA was good until I came here, now I know what they are really. They don't believe you should own pets and they are all for BSL. They don't believe in ANY breeding, even by ethical, responsible breeders.

That said, I still watched the video because puppy mills are real, and it was heart breaking. Puppy Mills are just horrendous, how people can still but from pet stores, after knowing what a puppy mill is, is beyond me.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by savethebulliedbreeds View Post
NOTHING about PETA is good. When the president of PETA says that people shouldnt have pets and that all pit bulls should be dead....well....that about sums PETA up. They are a bunch of a$$holes.
I don't know how true this is but after hurricane Katrina it is said PETA came down here and picked up/stole van loads of Pitt Bulls drove out of New Orleans with them and euthanized them because people should not have them because they are so vicious. I know for a fact animal groups took dogs out of peoples back yards and the owners were back here living and at work for the day! From what I heard they just went down streets stealing everyones dogs because they did not think they should be outside sounds like a PETA thing to me. I don't really agree with dogs being locked out but come on these groups have no right to steal peoples pets.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:47 AM
HarleyD

PETA does suck, but watching that video (and ignoring her comments) was pretty sad. Especially the poor pomeranian that was being bullied. Did you see it's little eyes when it looked at the camera? It's like she was just begging for someone to help. The poor dogs running in circles, bouncing off walls and pacing was equally as bad.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:54 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
I used to think PETA was good until I came here, now I know what they are really. They don't believe you should own pets and they are all for BSL. They don't believe in ANY breeding, even by ethical, responsible breeders.

That said, I still watched the video because puppy mills are real, and it was heart breaking. Puppy Mills are just horrendous, how people can still but from pet stores, after knowing what a puppy mill is, is beyond me.
ONe woman told me she believed in free speech and that i was doing a good job. EVen as i told her ALL the facts about puppy mills, she STIll bought that pup from the pen on the side of the road. Her pup wasn't but 6 weeks old, not gaunt, but not fat and rolly either. I coudln't believe it..i told her about suppressed immune systems, the litter after litter...

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Agility freak!

Sorry, but I can't watch that again! I watched it before and it made me sick! I strongly, greatly, LOATH PETA! And if you ask me, they let on like they "love" animals, but with what they are doing, I don't think so!

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 10-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Dog Lover Boutique

Sorry but I couldn't finish watching it. The state that place is in needs to have stonger laws and requirements for dog breeders. Kansas used to have a very bad reputation but since requiring licenses and inspections that has improved drastically. This was a very bad place but there are good breeders out there.