Pitador Retrievabull

Chewbecca

feel the magic
So...when we adopted Ella, she was labeled Pit Bull Mix.
Ok, well, we DEFINITELY see pit bull in her, and some say she looks like she might have some lab in her down the line somewhere, but I've seen pit bull lab mixes, and I cannot see lab in her.
I think if she was part lab, her head would be bigger, she has quite a small head for a lab.
It's not a HUGE deal if I find out (though I wish I could do a doggy DNA on her), but I thought perhaps you guys could give me some ideas.
Since the APBT weight and size range is pretty wide/big, she is small/short compared to the GIGANTIC, not-to-standard APBTs that you see a LOT nowadays.
She weighs in at about 55 lbs.

Anyway, here's some pics:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WHat expression! Demure, she sure knows how to pose.:) keep it up and she will rival Renee's fila for the Diva throne.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
thank you!
I appreciate the compliments.

do you see lab or any other breeds in her?

Barb04

Super Moderator
CJ who is the dog in my avatar was also a rescue. My vet said she was a pit & lab mix. There was lab in her somewhere. My first dog was also a pit & lab mix but looked more like a lab.

Ella is a beauty.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
thank you!

Well, you know how it is when you adopt a dog, you just get curious about what else might be mixed in there.

See, 97% of the time I look at her and only see pit bull, but then other times I think "her snout is longer and narrower than a pit bull's"

She's definitely my heart dog!

malmo

Here to learn
What about one of those new, cheaper blood tests to approximate breeds? I've only read a bit about those -- don't know how controversial this post may be...

Chewbecca

feel the magic
meh, I have my good and not so good thoughts about the whole DNA testing for breeds.

It's kind of...well...I can see it now how this is going to be used for those in favor of BSL.

milos_mommy

Ella's so pretty, i LOVE her.

Mostly i see pittie. maybe even a little am-staff but i think she's too lithe to have any in her.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
i was thinking maybe sighthound somewhere down the line. She's got a pretty thin face for a pit...
Wouldn't that be something???
I ALWAYS joke with Ed (Xerxes) here that she HAS TO BE part sighthound because she's never bothered by other dogs unless she SEES them.
My neighbors' dogs can be behind their fence barking and whining and talking (they're GSPs, very vocal dogs) and she doesn't so much as perk an ear at them.

A dog can be behind a wooden privacy fence and it can run up and be barking at us as we walk by, but if she doesn't see it, she doesn't care.

hahahahahahaha.

verderben

She looks like a regular "pit bull " to me. I have seen plenty with longer snouts. They arent supposed to be big giant headed freaks. My one girl has a head shape similar to your girl, and she certainly isnt mixed. I think your dog is gorgeous.

peta

Crazy about Kelpies
hey! can i ask how you attach the pics to your message? Ive tried but cant work it out :)
Thanks heaps

Members online