ONLINE Secret Santa - Sign Up!

keyodie

Keyozilla
Here is ze thread where you sign up. (This is ONLINE Secret Santa, not POSTAL, btw.)

Sign-Up Info:
For those of you who didn't do this last year, online secret santa is when you send presents to unsuspecting victims over the internet. You can send stuff like e-cards, poems, scanned artwork, graphics, stories, photography, edited videos, or anything else you can think of. Instead of mailing, we private message. Woot!

The deadline for signing up is October 1st. I'll probably PM all of you the person you are assigned to a day or so afterwards.

Online SS Info:
This is the part where all of you have to read.

You guys will have until December 18th to send me your gifts. (Just pm them to me.) Wow, that's a lot time. But that means you can make them extra special and you won't be able to have excuses for not making a gift. So ha! The reason you are sending your gifts to me is because that way, I can see who didn't make their gift and make it myself (and the other lovely graphic makers here have also volunteered to help if the task gets too daunting). Also, I will be able to send out all of the presents at once on Christmas Eve, because I will most likely not be at a crazy christmas party at that time (I'm awesome like that). So instead of getting your present in November, you get to wake up on Christmas morning and go on Chaz and be like "Ooo! Omg! This is just like opening a present in real life! *click*"

Hmm. Well, I guess that's it. Post a comment saying you're going to sign up if you want to... well... sign up. Let me know if I forgot something.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
I am most likely in.
My laptop broke so I lost my photoshop with it, but my dad is lending me his old laptop untill I can save up to buy a new one. We are just hoping it is good enough to run Photoshop on. I will have a more definate answer for you by the 1st of october though.
Also, if for some reason I cant get photoshop on this other laptop, I wont be able to help make presents incase someone flakes out. I know I promised to help, and I will do all I can to try and get photoshop on here, but I just dont know. I feel bad about the possibility of not being able to help if you need it.

keyodie

Keyozilla
Ooo, that sucks. :( I'm sorry about that. I hate that. My laptop crashed a while ago, which was devastating...

And it's alright if you can't help. I'll probably end up having too many volunteers for the gifts I need made. :D

keyodie

Keyozilla
Keyodie, are we going to know who we're making a gift for? And if so, when do we find out?
Yeah, you will know who you're making a gift for. You find out a few days after October 1st, hopefully. That's when the deadline for signing up is, so... If I'm not too busy I'll probably be able to match everyone up soon after.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Ok, I owe an explanation here, because I have gotten some PMs from a number of people who matter to me, so I will post my stock answer here, so you understand why I do not join in on Christmas Forum Gift Giving of any kind.

I stopped joining these kinds of things two years ago. You see, I belong to several cat forums as well as two regional political forums. Secret santa became a chore and a pain in the butt and the wallet. Then there were the forum members who sent me gifts on their own, and then I felt obligated to do the same. It snowballed year by year until finally it wasn't fun. As time went on, it started to cost me more to participate in forum Christmas than it cost me for my family! I made up my mind then that I would stop all of this, and if I didn't participate in one forum gift-exchange, I would not participate in any for the sake of fairness. Life is a lot more peaceful for me at Christmas time now. I despise shopping for Christmas, I am one of those anal retentive people who want to find just the right thing until I go borderline insane. If somebody sends me something I feel compelled to send something back! The secret santa and forum gift giving thing turned out to be a problem for me both in time and in money. While it's nothing to participate in one, it can be a real drag participating in many. If I capitulate here at Chaz, it would be unfair to the long time posters I have known elsewhere. So please don't think I don't care. I just don't care to get caught up in all this gift giving just because it's Christmas. Knowing some of you is a gift unto itself. One day I will bundle up Tosca and mail her to one of you if she doesn't stop honking and moaning at 3 AM.

Signed,
Grinch, But A Nice Grinch

Members online