Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
This is going to sound stupid but I didn't even think of how much more sound she is hearing while I'm out since I've left the windows open. Derp. That makes a lot of sense to me.
Yea, it took me 2 YEARS of season changes to figure this out with Aeri. LOL Don't feel bad!

Old 10-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Top Dog

Sometimes I find that the more I give Jackson, the more he expects. Like, sometimes we'll have 2-3 rainy days in a row for example and basically do nothing more than maybe a little trick session of game of ball in the house and he's pretty content to go lay down and do nothing. But then one day we'll walk for 6 miles, go to the pet store, go to the dog park, all in one day, and we come home and he annoys the crap out of me when I think he should be exhausted.

But on the flip side, I can totally tell when he hasn't been getting enough physical exercise too because he gets antsy and finds things around the house to chew (but my back area tends to be messy since it's partially my little 5 year old sisters playroom) so yeah he finds little toys and pieces of plastic to pick up and start chewing. And just becomes an all around nuisance.

But I have no answers for you. I definitely think the weather has a lot to do with it - fall-like weather and winter weather make Jax a lot more playful. Summer tends to drag him down.

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
We've slowed down trick training since tricks class is over. I should pick that back up. Hmmm need new ideas.
Footstall, footstall, footstall!!

Cooler weather definitely makes my boys extra crazy. Coming out of the dead of winter is the same, when they realize I'm actually willing to stay outside for more than the amount of time it takes to walk around and scoop poop. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Top Dog

I feel ya!! Crossbone has been crazy lately too. Sometimes he has to be forced to lay down and then he'll crash as well, he's not always great about doing it on his own or he's scared he'll miss something fun. I have thought recently the more tricks, the more agility and the more ball fun we have the crazier he gets.

I never thought about the windows before, either! That's a good point! Since moving to the new house Cross has full run of the house and his yard is double the size that it was. BUT there's a window that faces our work and I always see his little face in the window throughout the day. Every noise he hears (every time we go to the dumpster, get in our cars or go out to the work garage) he's there watching. In the last house we literally kept all of the blinds down at all times. I guess we'll be fixing that!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Top Dog

Ivan has been hyper vigilant lately too. Part of it is the cooler weather and the kids going back to school. Now its quiet all day and then about 3ish the kids start coming home from school and he can hear them outside.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:31 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I blame the cool weather as well. Zora is extra crazy outside and wants to do nothing else but spend the whole day outdoors. Her craziness could of course be puberty too. -.-

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.