Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Not a Border Collie

I have two Paco leather leashes. They are very lovely, soft and both are my go-tos depending on what collar she's wearing. Customer service was average, not bad but not super spectacular, but I like that they are open to bartering.

I would love a Veronica for Quinn. I've been drooling over that collar for years! The price is definitely a draw back though and I am wary of it darkening too much (I like tan on Quinn). Maybe some day.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 08-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Top Dog

He HATED wearing it! He would see it and hang his head, they only collar he ever did it too, ever, it's almost like he couldn't turn his head without it digging into the sides if his neck so he didn't want it near him.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Water Junkie

Those of you are say price is the main issue with buying one, have you checked out the PCANSA FB page? Gently used Pacos for used prices. Pretty good deal. You don't have to worry about breaking them in! That's where I got the George (top collar in my picture) for.....$35 SHIPPED. Normally $75 plus shipping.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6589162&type=3

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 08-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberH View Post
Oh wow! I love that wider collar on Gage.
I do too! Though I'm a sucker for a big collar on a bully and/or short haired dog. Harlow sports a 1.5" collar.

I'd love love love to have a Paco for the Nub. Not so much for the ACD's, as I have a weird thing with the double coat breaking and leaving a huge line.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 08-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I absolutely LOVE them.... seriously going to be getting more. The price is expensive and it does prevent me from buying them as often as I would like, but I do think that they are worth the price. The quality is nice and the fact that they will fix it/lifetime warranty has me sold. I have a lot of collars for Cricket, but most of her collars irritate her skin. Cricket's Paco is the only collar she seems to be able to wear for an extended period of time without it causing her skin irritation. I got her a tan and it has darkened up a bit which is unfortunate as she looks good in tan, but she still looks great in it darkened up as well.

Here is Cricket's custom paco when it was brand new

editedPaco1 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

editedpaco2 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

cricketpaco4 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

Another paco I have I got from the PCANSA group page that was mentioned earlier in this thread. It's a gently used recycled collar and I love it.

editedjojo2 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

editedjojo1 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

Also have a paco leash that I love though it's a little wider than I prefer so I don't use it often.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 08-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
I do too! Though I'm a sucker for a big collar on a bully and/or short haired dog. Harlow sports a 1.5" collar.
Same here. I almost exclusively use 1.5" collars on my dogs. I only used 2" on my Great Dane. I think most smaller widths just aren't big enough for bigger necked dogs. Maybe that's because I only use wider collars and have for years now. So I might be just a bit biased.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberH View Post
Same here. I almost exclusively use 1.5" collars on my dogs. I only used 2" on my Great Dane. I think most smaller widths just aren't big enough for bigger necked dogs. Maybe that's because I only use wider collars and have for years now. So I might be just a bit biased.
I really want to try out a 1" leather collar on Jackson at some point. I like leather because then at least I have the option of making the buckle narrow (1/2") so it doesn't look like a neck brace. But the 1" width itself, I don't think, looks bad on him.

Here is when he tried on Cricket's 1" collar (plus he's got his 3/4" collar on, so just ignore that, lol):

I can't decide though if I want to do 1" single layer OR try double leather 3/4"

I know Jessie's Chi's look good in the doubles. So I just can't decide lol.

Brit & Jackson

Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

I love 3/4" and 1" on Nola, and I love tapered ends. She has a martingale that's 1.5", and that looks good on her with no other collar or harness.

Is the double layer optional? What's the pros/cons of single vs double?

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I really want to try out a 1" leather collar on Jackson at some point. I like leather because then at least I have the option of making the buckle narrow (1/2") so it doesn't look like a neck brace. But the 1" width itself, I don't think, looks bad on him.
Jackson can definitely pull off the 1" and look good doing it!

Bayleigh has 3/4" collars and 1" collars and I like her in both. If I splurge and buy a Paco for her sometime, it'll be 1" tapered to 3/4". I have never tried a tapered collar before but I don't see why I wouldn't like them.

Last edited by AmberH; 08-08-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Top Dog

Tapered are fantastic because the buckles are the same width as the rest of the collar rather then being wider.