Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Top Dog

They should have a program like with saddles, where they ship you "trial" versions to test before you purchase your own Or maybe I just need to talk myself into going to Cynosport next year so I'm in there neck of the woods and the dogs can try collars on.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaNola View Post
For those who have one, is it worth it? Do the decorations stay on well? How's their customer service? About how much does a customer piece run?
Completely and totally worth it! I've not had a single complaint with mine (4 collars, 1 leash). The collars have been through herding, dock diving, lakes, hiking, walks, bike rides, etc. My experience with their costumer service has been nothing but positive and speedy.

I haven't had a custom piece done, but I would imagine it depends greatly on the width and single vs. double layer. I would imagine somewhere in the $100-$125 range. But. You get a LIFETIME guarantee! If a stone pops out, they'll replace it. If something breaks when it shouldn't, they'll fix it.

I've tried another leather/rope collar leash company before and was very unhappy with the quality. Their leather started bleeding when in water.

This my stash so far: top-bottom: Brown George, Tan JoJo, Chocolate El Dorado, Chocolate Zuma, Chocolate Leash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Thanks for the Facebook group heads-up. I should go try to sell mine there!
You should! Most of them go lightening fast! I believe the last one I bought was up for a matter of a few minutes before I snatched it up (and good thing, two others wanted it!)

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 08-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
They should have a program like with saddles, where they ship you "trial" versions to test before you purchase your own Or maybe I just need to talk myself into going to Cynosport next year so I'm in there neck of the woods and the dogs can try collars on.
I know! Haha! I actually had to sell a new collar lately that I hoped would work for Tucker, but it just didn't. It sold so quickly on Facebook at least!

I bet their new Tween line would work out great for your two. They're supposed to be light weight like the small dog collars, I believe.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Lord Cynical

I've only ever had one stud fall out... and they righted it ASAP. I've been a loyal Paco customer for years, and I adore their products. I'm totally ok with paying what they charge.

The middle collar on the right "pillar" - the 1.25" double-layer black collar with the brass hardware... is the famous "Shipwreck" collar. It sat in floodwater for three months (partially submerged) and it still looks that good... and lost zero functional integrity. That collar is basically what sold me on Pacos for life.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 08-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

They really are just stunning. I'm really loving the Unicorn Deluxe, the Mini Swirl and the Mini Riesy. Darken isn't an issue for me, since Nola would be in black leather.

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 08-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Top Dog

I won a cat collar almost 5 years ago in a contest. My cat has worn it daily since then. It's in perfect condition! I don't yet have a dog collar from them but I want one. Particularly a Swirl collar for my Em. But the price has always prevented me from buying. Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to have some spare cash while they're having a sample sale on FB.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

One day, one will be mine.
Oh yes...it will be mine.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Top Dog

I know with Gage, even at 170lbs when most dogs his size pull off 2-3" collars, he looks goofy in anything wider then 1" because of his short rotty neck lol.

Here he is in his 1" Celtic.

And his double layer Shermin which was 2.5" I believe (I sold it long ago lol) he just didn't seem comfortable in it at all. Now only his martingale is wider then 1"
Old 08-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Top Dog

Oh wow! I love that wider collar on Gage.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

^^ ditto!

Well, I really shouldn't have looked at their Paco Perks. 5% off your order, use it 5 times and you get a free collar.

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com