Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-15-2013, 12:11 AM
orange iguanas.

I rearranged my room today and now Happy is completely perplexed and doesn't know where to sleep. She likes sleeping in cramped little nooks, so her usual spot was to sleep in the small area between my bed and the wall. Well now that area doesn't exist... I don't really have any little spots for her to shove herself into. Poor thing is going to have to figure something out!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-15-2013, 04:20 AM
Top Dog

Elsie just stole a quarter of an apple pie.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Sport Model Pug

Izzie knows the sound of my alarm and automatically goes and crates herself when it goes off since she knows I'm going to be going to the gym. Me getting ready disturbs her beauty rest too much I guess.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Silence, peasants.

Whenever Wesley see a squirrel (out the window) that he really wants to go chase, he runs to the door for the backyard and does this spinny-meaningful stare thing at me, that's totally different from his 'stand by the door and cry because I have to go pee' thing. Dude, you're tipping me off, I'm not letting you out...

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 07-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

Hudson needs to learn that when it's 10000* out, we can't play outside

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 07-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
Hudson needs to learn that when it's 10000* out, we can't play outside
When he learns, can he try telling Cali that too? I was so glad that I wasn't on duty today, since I'm sure I would've had a heat stroke even drinking water.

Cali has a dental appointment on Wednesday which I'm both nervous and excited for. Nervous about her going under, nervous that something will be wrong with her teeth, although the vet said they looked pretty good; but I'm excited that it will be over and done with, for another year or so at least.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Little dog, big voice

Time for more work on recall.

We had some visitors tonight, and since Cali was super excited to go out onto the deck to say hi, I figured "hey, why not?" Typically, she'll run and say hi; however, tonight she decided to run out from under the deck and into our neighbor's field and then proceeded to get closer and closer to the road. Usually if she gets loose, she stays close but tonight, she ran off. Luckily for me, her stay is pretty solid, but I was pretty darn close to running down the road in shorts and a bikini top almost in tears. I found her in a driveway and she gave me a look but I told her firmly to stay and she laid down to wait for me to come and get her.

Now what is she doing? Giving me a million kisses, because I think she realized what she did was a huge no no. This gives me a huge incentive to work on her recall more though, since I have been slacking off lately.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:36 PM
such sights to show you

Sometimes a 95 pound dog being happy as **** to see you after 3 sleeps apart isn't a completely awesome thing. :/

Old 07-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Sometimes a 95 pound dog being happy as **** to see you after 3 sleeps apart isn't a completely awesome thing. :/
Try it with a 170lb dog who wants to tap dance, hug you and spin and hit you with his giant butt all at once! I have gotten more bruises this way I tell ya!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Top Dog

I'm currently fostering a little poodle, who is a kickass little dog, but I really strongly prefer larger dogs.
A standard poodle came into rescue, and the coordinator asked me if I wanted to foster/adopt him because he is not doing well in the kennels and they don't have a suitable foster home for him. BF gave the go ahead for a trial period, so I am picking him up on Wednesday!! He's pretty much everything I want in a dog.
I'm so pumped, but little poodle foster has to be moved to a new foster family. I feel like I'm trading her in for a "better model", and kind of feel like an asshole. She is very attached to me, so I think this might be good for her, and she'll be around other dogs, which she needs practice with, and she has met the foster family and likes them a lot...but...still...I'm going to really miss her.