Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-26-2013, 01:35 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Cynder doesn't like it, but she tolerates everything. She is a big baby when it comes to needles and just screams whenever she's poked, no matter the gauge.

Abrams LOVES the vet, but he's too young to know better yet. :P I hope to keep it a positive experience for him.

Chloe loves to go to the vet as she gets to see everyone, but she's also am anxious mess. Well behaved, but completely stressed.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Top Dog

Gambit just shuts down and goes to the happy place, which is par for the course with him,

I thought that Quiddich would act like a turd, since he usually does with strangers, but apparently he was great.

Argon loved the vet. They have a floor to ceiling chinchilla cage and he was always sure that the bars would dissolve if he stared hard enough. Then he could feast

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillandSilent View Post
Gambit just shuts down and goes to the happy place, which is par for the course with him,

I thought that Quiddich would act like a turd, since he usually does with strangers, but apparently he was great.

Argon loved the vet. They have a floor to ceiling chinchilla cage and he was always sure that the bars would dissolve if he stared hard enough. Then he could feast
A chinchilla cage would definitely make Mia enjoy the vet more!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:17 PM
orange iguanas.

They are all very well behaved. Juno gets a little hesitant and pits the brakes on when she gets taken into the back, but it's a moot point now since I work at a clinic and get to stay with her for everything.

But otherwise. They are still and quiet in the lobby, sit still for pokes and restraint, allow handling and having their body manipulated, are quiet in kennels.... if they were regular patients being brought in I would have no issues seeing them.

The cat is another story.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Top Dog

My guys are fine, me not so much lol. Hate that so many people have dogs they CAN NOT control or folks that allow their dogs to rush other dogs while saying, 'he/she is friendly'. Get your dog out of my dog's face or arse and off me, thank you very much.

I usually find a corner and mess around with tricks and stuff. Which of course the staff and other people love. Punky's handstand was a big hit the last time I was in there.

Petie always loved it when the vet clinic has caged or loose cats, yep the jrt loves kitties and wants to meet them lol.

The vet/chiropractor that we go to has a parrot, a rather noisy parrot and my guys are very interested esp when it speaks lol

The first time the parrot spoke to us, I swear Petie gapped at it, swung around to look at me in shock. 'Birds can speak???? holy crap didn't know that!!!' and then bounced around to stare it. It spoke again and his tail started to blurr, clearly pleased that birds can talk lol.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Top Dog

My dogs are all good except for Roust. When Roust had to go to the vet for his rabies shot a couple months ago, it was....just OMG. I'm not sure it could have gone worse if I had tried taking a coyote in for a vaccine.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Glutton for Crazy

My dogs are fine, Sloan is better with Denis and the vet noticed it but even without him they all behave well and seem comfortable.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Top Dog

He's not terrible, but he's not great, either. He whines a lot while waiting but I'm almost 100% sure it's the caged cat two feet away from us and the loose dog behind the receptionist counter. He gets really whiny around dogs and cats (cats especially).

He gets a little overamped and he'll jump on the vet to greet him, but aside from that we're pretty good. He holds his stays and patiently lets the vet examine him and give him his shots, and likes to sniff around for treats coming his way, too. He adores our vet and has no problem getting his shots and physical exam, it's just the waiting and leaving part that makes him a total brat

Oh, hah, I found my post from March about Trent at the vet. This is a better description -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Being at the vet releases Trent's inner weirdo/a**hole. He's not afraid, but I do think it stresses him out... he loves the vet, but the cats (crated and loose) and dogs (kenneled and loose behind the counter) may contribute to his terrible behavior. He will whine in the waiting room, and then greet the vet with a "OMG THANK GOD YOU ARE HERE. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? IT WAS TORTURE WAITING" jumping/spazzing routine. We always end up cycling through a series of commands and cues before he'll act politely.

He stands still to get examined and sits on the scale just fine, and will let the vet and I do anything to him, but just goes crazy with the jumping. Aside from that, he's great. Tries to go for kisses, sniffs the vet for the treats he knows will come, and doesn't bat an eye when it comes to shots (braver than I am). But once it's time to go, he pulls through the waiting room and door like a bat out of hell. May be stress or overstimulation or a combination of a variety of things, but he likes to be at his absolute worst when we're there.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

ALeron- I could tell a horror story about taking a coyote for a blood draw that would probably make you feel way better about Roust.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Silence, peasants.

How is my dog at the vet?

Looking for love from the vet techs. Oh my, they are his favorite. He tries to follow them when they leave. lol.

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle