Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

3 days for my Grandma's funeral 2 years ago. She stay with my dad. I hated leaving her, and I don't plan on doing it again!

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 06-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Ho ho ho off.

Bodhi = 7 weeks.

I was working away one summer whilst at uni

Fred.... A couple of nights I think, but he was with the other half so doesn't really count....
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Wild At Heart

The most? Pretty much a month.

I was gone on vacation out west for 2.5-3 weeks, came home for about a week, then left for a week long beach vacation. Which totaled 1 month, but I did get to see her for at least a week between those 2 She stayed between my two aunt's houses.

This year I'll only be away from her for about a week. I'm going to Costa Rica in August on a Mission Trip, but she'll stay home with my mom so she will definitely enjoy all the spoiling her Gammy gives her when I'm not there to control her

Harleigh <3
Old 06-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Top Dog

Every year since we've gotten her, we've taken at least one 2-3 week vacation. This year we're going to be gone for 17 days.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Top Dog

15 or 16 days, I think. That was last summer when we went on a two week cruise to the Caribbean. We dropped Trent off at his breeder's boarding kennel about an hour's drive away.

Oh, although if we count me being away to attend the University an hour and a half away, I've been gone for up to a month. Usually only two weeks but sometimes I don't make it home or have the means to bring him with me, so the longest we've gone is about a month.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Slave to the Aussie

I'm about to leave him for 22 days and I'm already freaking out!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

Gambit was left for 4 days when I went to a wedding. He seemed to take it ok, but I wouldn't do it again.

Argon would regularly spend weekends with my mother when I did rescue transport, but he was a very chill dog. My couch, her couch, as long as he had a couch he was fine,.

Lady Chesh the persian is spending the next 3-4 months with my mother and I'm about dying from missing her already. I'm counting down the days until she can come home again

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Top Dog

Me? Probably 2ish months (maybe two and a half?). But that's when I'm at school and just haven't had a chance to get home to see the family/Boo. She's still living in her home, with her family - jut minus me. That's always hard, but fortunately, with the lake house that's closer to my school, I shouldn't have to go so long without seeing her next year.

Everyone? I don't think that Boo has been left for a consecutive time longer than 2 weeks or so. When the family does leave her, she stays at home and we have neighborhood kids come over and let her out.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 06-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Top Dog

Meg's been left for 3 nights. My family went to Florida for a week; I refused to leave her that long, so I flew down for a few days in the middle. She boarded with my friend who originally rescued her. I left her for one night when I went to NYC with some friends last summer, and she just stayed at home with my parents.

Gusto's never been left. I am planning to go back to NYC for a couple of nights next summer, so that may be his "maiden voyage".

I always say that neither of my dogs have separation anxiety, but I do. Honestly, it just rarely comes up. Most of my "fun" money is spent on agility, so they come along on those trips. I'm not a big traveler otherwise.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Active Pup

I am almost NEVER away from them. They go on almost all trips with us. Our favorite trip is to a beach in SC each year. The dogs are allowed on the beach at certain times and they get to stay in the rental house with us. We rent the same house each year because they will except all 5 of our dogs.

Damon: Total of about 12 days away from him since I got him.
Max: 4 days since I got him
Jasper: Never
Sophie: 18 days away since I got her 6 years ago.
Piper: Never