Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Top Dog

New tugs. Seriously doesn't matter what it is as long as its new.

I thought I had Zinga's favorite tug to work one day, it's a sheep skin loooong tug. Then she found an old discarded rubber insert for the Pogo dog toys (http://www.mickeyspetsupplies.com/Po...FYMWMgodN1MAXg) and she loved more. Of course she'd still tug on the other tug but the rubber thing was by far more fun.

So I just switch it up.

Zuma tugs on everything with equal enthusiasm.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Keeva has a small mouth and a missing canine (no one's sure how, I'll be x-raying that eventually lol) so she likes thin stuff - single strands of climbing rope, rags, etc. Squeakers are a favorite too.

Macky likes fleece ropes a lot but really isn't picky if she can get a comfie grip on it.

Blossom... Anything. Everything. But I prefer her to tug on things she can't destroy (fleece is out). Thick knotted rope toys are my cheap go to, and then I have more expensive tugs (leather, linen, jute) I use for obedience. Oh, and no squeakers. She can't handle squeakers, she looses her mind.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:33 AM
BusterLove

Buster will tug on anything. But I usually use my french linen or leather tugs for him because he just goes harder.

Quinn much prefers her sheepskin tug to everything else.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Active Pup

My pants' leg, lol!
Actually, Payne doesn't have any 'tugs' per se, but she does love to play frisbee and when she catches, the frisbee becomes her 'tug', as she just doesn't want to give it up and it becomes a whole new game getting it back !!

(New members welcome and always appreciated!!)
Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Top Dog

Petie doesn't tug and never has.

Who is selective, her fav is the rabbit tugs.

Punky will tug on just about anything but her favs are my sleeve, the fleece tug that Sara made, soft toys and her leash.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Sport Model Pug

Rabbit fur from salty dog canvas.

An old piece of sheep skin gyppie ripped off the big piece and covered in barn dirt.

Her holee roller.

Her slime bag.

That's about it. She's not a huge tugger but she likes those.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 05-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Top Dog

These hold up really well for me, the one or two handled version, I like the synthetic better than the leather for some reason, but the dogs don't care which. They'll tug on anything and like it. I don't use balls on a string much anymore, they're too dangerous for me A tug is a more stable target, if they launch to get the ball and they don't get it exactly, it usually moves around quite a bit swinging around by the rope which makes everything a target in the near vicinity, parts of myself included.

http://leerburg.com/minitug.htm

I've used a lot of other tugs over the years and most don't last that long. Some of the other fluffy type tugs they've ripped in half with one tug so I don't even waste my money on them anymore.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
These hold up really well for me, the one or two handled version, I like the synthetic better than the leather for some reason, but the dogs don't care which. They'll tug on anything and like it. I don't use balls on a string much anymore, they're too dangerous for me A tug is a more stable target, if they launch to get the ball and they don't get it exactly, it usually moves around quite a bit swinging around by the rope which makes everything a target in the near vicinity, parts of myself included.

http://leerburg.com/minitug.htm

I've used a lot of other tugs over the years and most don't last that long. Some of the other fluffy type tugs they've ripped in half with one tug so I don't even waste my money on them anymore.
We use these, Backup has finally ground open a corner of one of them but it took a lot of work (and I suspect he's nabbed it from a training bag at some point). They're very hardy.

To save face at schutzhund we tend to used jute, linen, or leather (but dyed leather always stains after hot dog spit gets it) but outside of that I will use anything I snag on the way out the door or anything that is already in the car and wubbas are always in the car.

On that note the club we're trying out was razzing me for using a purple and green nylon lead and not a leather lead. I wish I could say I'm a rebel but truly I'm just lazy and cheap. LOL
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Top Dog

Both my guys will tug on pretty much anything, but I've been wanting to buy some new ones, so I'm happy you made this thread!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Silence, peasants.

It's really weird, but sweatshirt drawstrings (out of the sweatshirt). He goes nuts for them. And I make fleece braided tugs, he really likes those. But he'll tug pretty much anything, Wesley's a major tugger.

Feistea, ze Blog