Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-30-2013, 12:09 PM
& the Muttly Crew

My "vice" is tossing food to the dogs while I cook people meals. Little bits of this and that which means the dogs station themselves in the kitchen whenever I'm cooking. My only defense is I usually toss to the dog farthest away from me first, and occasionally fake 'em out by dropping something and saying leave it, just to make sure I still have a solid leave-it in case I drop something they should not eat.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 04-30-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm All Ears

I let my dogs lick plates.

Mia is a demand barker and I don't fix that.

My dogs still bark in their crates.

I too feed them pizza crust.

I don't crate them for the trip to agility. It's mostly county roads. So... Sometimes I catch Mia riding on top of the head rest.

I walk off leash almost exclusively.

My dogs whine/bark in the car always.

I don't care that Mia screams when she's excited- including going outside to potty.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Uh, well. This was my post on FB yesterday

And that is a daily occurrence. I just don't care if my dogs are on the table. We wipe it down anyway before we eat.

I don't care about leash manners with my two. When I get a larger dog, heck yes I will! They both have Gentle Leaders for the times when I need more control (Frodo almost always has his GL on when we go out), and other than that I just let them be dogs and sniff and pull if they want to when we walk. I'm a total hypocrite though at work when people come in looking for prongs/choke chains/GLs/Easy Walks and tell them these tools are supposed to be used in conjuncture with training or most dogs will learn to pull through them

I mix raw and kibble in the same meal EVERY day and EVERY meal. For shame.

I do walk my dogs every day though, all you people who don't are TERRIBLE OWNERS!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Top Dog

This thread is making me feel like a rules-jerk.

Our dogs get pizza crust.

My family does a lot of horrible stuff they shouldn't do/lets them get away with everything, but most of the time I don't even though it doesn't make a difference, and when I lived on my own I didn't let them get away with anything.

I guess I let him run out the back door like a freakin' maniac, but I don't care about that. It's nice to let them get irrationally excited sometimes. And I do repeat commands sometimes, or occasionally let them not get away with following through - but I don't think I'd do that if my family didn't do it constantly.

Stuff like begging, barking, racing out the door on a leash, pacing in the car, not listening to commands, inappropriately climbing on furniture, jumping on people, UH, Heck no not in my house. You either follow the rules by choice or I will MAKE you follow the rules.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Top Dog

Crossbone is our personal dishwasher.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 04-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Let it be

Bandit licks all the plates clean in the house. He is an awful begger because I feed him just about everything. I NEVER switch kibble slowly. I just buy him randomstuff and he eats it.

He is leash reactive but because I always walk with a stroller I don't care. I just stick him on the other side of the stroller when passing other dogs.

I have allowed him to now chase down Briggs when he runs away and stop Briggs by any means. That includes grabbing his sweater sleeve and wrenching him off balance or body slamming him.

I let him sleep in bed with Briggs.

I think its hilarious when he blows off people that aren't me.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:50 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I'll let Rumor pace and whine to her heart's content if I'm busy.

She begs. Thankfully we've shaped it into her laying down outside of the kitchen and pleading longingly with her eyes.

She sits on the chairs at the kitchen table.

She wears a prong. I gave up trying to get a good loose-lead walk with her, and prefer not to have my arm pulled off. We go on walks for fun, anyway, not to follow rules.

If she ignores me when I tell her to come back in from the yard, I'll say "Okay bye" and walk inside.

She barks. A lot. At everything.

She can be a butthole if she wants to be. I ask her to sit while I get her food. She'll start to lower her butt while I'm looking, stands back up when I turn away, look back "Umm...," starts to lower butt again, look away and she stands back up. Repeat process until she decides to sit.

She chases bees, with and without heavy encouragement. She used to get stung a lot, but now she's a lot better about grabbing them and smashing them to death without getting stung.

I'm sure there's more. She's expected to have manners, but she's still allowed to be a brat.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post

What's NILIF?

Oh and the usual ones... my dogs jump up, pull on leash...
^
This...totally this!

Also Watson has some serious attention seeking behaviors that are too cute to be ignored. One ignores the basenji at their own risk.

Don't say no?! Ha!!!

...also probably a million other things.

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm All Ears

I was once told on the other forum that since I didn't care if my dogs jump on me they would not be rehomable. It was in a 'small dogs are terrible because their owners don't train them' thread. Yeah I really have a hard time seeing a jumping 8 lb dog as being unable to be rehomed if I do croak or something.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I was once told on the other forum that since I didn't care if my dogs jump on me they would not be rehomable. It was in a 'small dogs are terrible because their owners don't train them' thread. Yeah I really have a hard time seeing a jumping 8 lb dog as being unable to be rehomed if I do croak or something.
Well if you do croak Mia is coming to Canada anyways so you don't have to worry about her

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug