What are you sick of hearing in regards to your dogs?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Ugh, the only other thing, while we're venting... and this actually kinda... hurts? I guess? Is when people learn that Blossom was supposed to be a foster and they basically act like of course, I just couldn't help myself, I'm that crazy dog girl! I would have just kept any dog that I fostered, because all that goes on in my head is LOLOLOLOLOL DOGZ DOGZ DOGZ DOGZ :mad:

Usually, I shut them up with, "Actually I've fostered before and didn't have any real issues with rehoming the dogs, though I was sad to see them go. This is dog is just very well-suited to me and the things I like doing, so after carefully considering if I should/could keep her, I decided it was a good decision."

Ugh. Shut up, a-holes! LOL. It's not the same tone that dog people use regarding foster failures, it's more like, "oh, of COURSE :rolleyes:" Um, please, I probably put more thought into keeping this one dog than you put into buying/obtaining all the dogs you've had in your entire lifetime.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
SaraB;2245683Generally this is how the conversation goes: "Is that a border collie?" "Yes said:
I thought you only had Koolies?!

Penny always gets the comment that she is way too thin for a lab ..yes. That may be because she's not a Lab.

I get people arguing with me that I'm wrong and she IS a Lab because there's no such thing as a Vizsla. Oh, tell me more?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
"Awwww, how big is he going to be when he grows up?"

"Can I pet your puppy!?"

:wall:

Okay, so, if people are complaining about Percy, I can take him. Strictly as a favor to you. Not because I want to keep him forever and ever or anything. NOT AT ALL. And we need to hang out. Let me know when you have some time - I miss you. <3

As to the last bit, tell them they can come back to visit when they are comfortable with you having five dogs. Until then, GTFO.

At least YOU get asked before ppl try to pet.

This really isn't a complaint about what folks say more about how they act for some reason they think that when Josefins comes up to smell them they think she wants to be petted ... She does NOT you JUST SMELL INTERESTING :wall:

About Josefina: she is too thin ... I know she is on the thin side IT'S JUST WHO SHE IS!!!

None so far about buddy but when Izze was alive I got a lot of snide comments from my ex boss (hince the word "ex") when she first got there the first thing she said was "just don't let her chase the horses" like I didn't have any control over my dog. :wall:

I can't imagine being annoyed by any of the above comments unless you were obviously in a hurry to go somewhere! Sure, they might not all be true, but most of those are just genuine questions/comments or even in a few cases what seems to be an attempt at a complement! Since when do people get up in arms over a compliment!?
People aren't up in arms over compliments, they're venting about things they are sick of hearing in regards to their dogs, as per the thread title. People feel what they feel, and frankly I feel that having the same exact conversation dozens of times about, say, what kind of dog Pip might be is really annoying.

Brattina88

Yes, this. :(

I am not a very social person. I don't like to be touched... so I can only imagine how Bailey must feel.
When I'm walking, especially in a crowded area. They just reach out and GRAB her... and I'm like WTH... would it kill you to ASK? :confused:

Thank you for saying she looks so soft, or beautiful. But not every dog likes to be molested. Maddie on the other hand loves to be pet, so feel free ;)

JessLough

Love My Mutt

This really isn't a complaint about what folks say more about how they act for some reason they think that when Josefins comes up to smell them they think she wants to be petted ... She does NOT you JUST SMELL INTERESTING :wall:

About Josefina: she is too thin ... I know she is on the thin side IT'S JUST WHO SHE IS!!!

None so far about buddy but when Izze was alive I got a lot of snide comments from my ex boss (hince the word "ex") when she first got there the first thing she said was "just don't let her chase the horses" like I didn't have any control over my dog. :wall:
Maybe you shouldn't be letting your dog go up to people if you don't want people to touch her....?

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
For keely its the typical "Rat" or "Yappy" comments.
Like "is she a rat with fur? "

Im always like "i dont know about the rats where you live but where im from our rats have fur"

They get confused. Of course.

Everybody comments on how they do not like casey, and how they wish she was more like bailey or saying how hyper she is. She is a high energy dog that was bred to hunt. I really dont find her bad, she listens, she doesnt jump up unless asked, she is well excersised and stimulated, so whats the problem?

SaraB

Oh! I had no idea. Very neat. Now, hurry up& get some more Koolies bred closer to me so I can have one for my next dog in 3- 4 years ;)
Tell these dang puppies to grow up so that I can tell if I like them enough to breed them then!

Also. The Pip comments made me remember my other huge annoyance. People don't just let it go when you say your dog is a mix. They must know what they are a mix of and will keep staring at you uncomfortably until you answer.

Also. The Pip comments made me remember my other huge annoyance. People don't just let it go when you say your dog is a mix. They must know what they are a mix of and will keep staring at you uncomfortably until you answer.
I KNOW. At first (before I knew better) I would say what I thought he might be, and people would argue with me. Then I started saying "I don't know" or "oh he's a mix" and people would stare or start speculating endlessly. Now I usually say "he's a long haired pit bull HA HA HA!!!" and people either back off or look at me like they're not sure if that's a real thing or not.

People, I just want to walk my dog in peace. If I wanted to talk to you I'd join your book club. :p

DenoLo

For Lola it's "the littlest ones are always the ones who think they're big and bad"

For Lucy it's: ".....This is a coyote right?"

Wow, you have your hands full.

You have how many dogs?

Look at the pit bull. (He is a Dogo Argentino and 115lbs)

They abuse those poor dogs, thank you for saving them. (Directed at my Greyhounds who were not abused and I didn't save them. They were retired in Ronon's case and I adopted him. If I hadn't, someone else would have. He was in no danger).

How much do they eat? How do you afford them? Where do they sleep?

You don't have them all in the house, do you?

And while not said about my dogs, but about my pictures I post of my dogs and I am about fed up up with it as it is getting way past annoying.

Don't you worry about alligators?

To be fair, I know a lot of BCs do have docked tails, especially from cattle herding lines.
I thought I posted, but guess not......

I have never seen a docked BC, how short to they normally go? Like Aussie short?

Either way, this ridiculousness doesn't look docked. Plus it is kinky.

Airn

Honestly I don't mind questions but I HATE when people ask a question and then DON'T LISTEN AT ALL. Why did you ask if you aren't going to listen to my response? You're not doing some good service by asking me. I don't think it's polite to ask me questions about my dog. But it IS rude to ignore me.

People asking what she is. This isn't SUPER annoying but I've learned to say Aus. Kelpie and not a mix because then they just assume she's a mutt. And while she's probably not 100% Kelpie, she's enough to be considered one. And if I say say X breed mix they give me suggestions on what ELSE she may be. Or when you tell them the breed and they zone out.

People thinking since she's weary of strangers that she was abused. She WAS a shelter dog but that's probably not the biggest reason why she doesn't like strangers. I think it's really just part of her breed and personality. People keep trying to get her to love them and that gets annoying too. She doesn't care about you. Let it go. She's kind of a bitch, sorry.

People trying to guess what breed she is. Gwen is a Corgi-German Shepherd mix, guys. And possibly a coydog. Or a Mini GSD.

How old she is. Most people assume she's a puppy and make some kind of comment relating to her age and puppies. "Is that as big as she's going to get?!" I don't understand how this is so unbelievable? She's like 35 lbs...

I don't have that many annoying questions asked of me. We don't go out a lot and Gwen isn't super fluffy adorableness, so people tend to leave her alone. They don't avoid her, but they don't run up to her.

Members online