Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
I don't feed Acana anymore, but I did for years and my dogs all did great on it. I think it's definitely worth a try! Most of the dogs I know also eat Acana of various formulas and are doing awesome on it.

My only issue with Acana (and Orijen for that matter) is that sometimes production sucks and you can't get certain formulas randomly, but hopefully if that happens you have dogs that can eat a different formula here and there.
I hear this a lot, I am lucky because we are a few hours from the plant so we can pretty much always get it.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
I hear this a lot, I am lucky because we are a few hours from the plant so we can pretty much always get it.
Yeah, I don't really know what's up. My city isn't that far either and I know some stores never had a single issue even with the fire. The one I work for OTOH though hasn't received a full shipment in at least 8 months. I mean, it's not terrible, but sometimes it can be frustrating.

I don't think the issue is that huge (at least not here), but it is something to be aware of I think.

But it's a good food and is almost always my 'go to' Grain Free option for people because it's affordable for a quality food, and my dogs always did super well on it.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 02-14-2013, 01:58 AM
Top Dog

I feed it and my dogs do well on it.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Yeah, I don't really know what's up. My city isn't that far either and I know some stores never had a single issue even with the fire. The one I work for OTOH though hasn't received a full shipment in at least 8 months. I mean, it's not terrible, but sometimes it can be frustrating.

I don't think the issue is that huge (at least not here), but it is something to be aware of I think.

But it's a good food and is almost always my 'go to' Grain Free option for people because it's affordable for a quality food, and my dogs always did super well on it.
Maybe that I just never noticed because I rotate through them as well, and because of where I live we are used to not being able to get everything all the time so I might have been oblivious to it, lol. I'm happy as long as they ave something
Old 02-14-2013, 04:37 AM
Top Dog

We've been feeding a rotation of all the grain free acana formulas for 3 years now. Absolutely love it, love the ingredients list and love it's sourced locally!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Top Dog

We fed it to Tucker for a while after TOTW got recalled but had to switch back because his gas got so bad. Other than that he did fine, not really different than on TOTW, except the gas. He was on the prairie one.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Glutton for Crazy

We're still struggling with LID deliveries, we kept getting a tiny amount of lamb but we JUST got our first duck shipment since I started working here in November. Two of my coworkers feed it almost exclusively so that frustrated them.

The other lamb, I forget which but its in a soft pink bag, was too hard on my bosses affens teeth and she switched to the chicken and Bartlett potato, she said its a bit annoying paying so much for a heavy in potato food but the kibble is comprised of large discs and easy to break up.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:39 AM
aka RedHotBabe

Rumor used to get Pacifica, and I think I threw Grasslands in there once. She liked it and did well on it. My only problem was that it cost me $70+. She's been on Fromm, Earthborn, and some raw since then. If the price was slightly more reasonable I'd continue to feed it.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I don't feed Acana anymore, but I did for years and my dogs all did great on it. I think it's definitely worth a try! Most of the dogs I know also eat Acana of various formulas and are doing awesome on it.

My only issue with Acana (and Orijen for that matter) is that sometimes production sucks and you can't get certain formulas randomly, but hopefully if that happens you have dogs that can eat a different formula here and there.
Everything seemed to come back probably around the beginning of January, and now it's out again. We have no Ranchlands, no Grasslands. My store took in the food last year and we have gotten people on it, only to have it dry up. It's a bit frustrating really, but I do like the food.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Just got to work, DUCK not Lamb is what we had trouble getting until now.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.