Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Top Dog

Jin isn't overly involved with Zander. If anything, Zander has been a bit like training wheels for him. Learning how to train, what to feed, why this behavior is good, why it's bad. He's learning and he's studying...but not necessarily involved, if that makes sense.

NextDog will be his, though, and he's hoping to get into SAR, maybe some conformation and some random other dog sports. He's hoping to put most of the foundation work/training on himself, and he seems really excited and he's looking forward to it.

Gotta admit, never really expected him to get this into it. But I'm not complaining.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Professional Nerd

My husband sleeps in the same room as the dogs. That's about it.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 PM
& the Muttly Crew

In general dog stuff, hubby is involved and loves having the dogs around, takes em on walks, Webby goes cycling with him, feeds them, reinforces training (and trains Webster for some stuff...for a while Webster was finding and retrieving hubby's cell phone for him whenever it rang lol), etc.

He doesn't do dog competitions. His stance on them is the same as mine regarding his cycling and auto work and such: I support you and am interested and love to hear about what's going on but would rather pursue my own interests than bum around yours all day while they are happening

It works very very well.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
My husband sleeps in the same room as the dogs. That's about it.

He is very involved in bitesport, he enjoys obedience, and he tolerates the rest.

We're training saturday by his choice for IPO and we have a barn hunt sunday by my choice. Hims a good dude.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Top Dog

No SO, and I'm not involved in dog sports.

My family is helpful, supportive, and interested in my involvement with the dogs/rescue. They will do things like specifically buy stuff the rescue dogs need, help out with transport, etc. My mom often sent me packages with toys and treats for my fosters, she bought them toys whenever she bought our own dogs toys (we didn't live together then), she will always post stuff on FB about rescue events, etc.

But it's not something they would have gotten involved with on their own, and unless I specifically ask a favor they wouldn't go to the shelter or offer to transport without me.

When I was with my ex-fiance...he was kind of the same way. He'd come to competitions with me (as spectators, I never competed), would help with events if I was there, etc...but we wouldn't choose to do it on his own.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-08-2013, 07:34 AM
~Lisa~

He isnt in to dog sports. he has came out for a few things. and was really excitied watching blaze do his CGN in the summer.

Other then that, no not intrested.

He adores our dogs. and otherwise is very involved in them. he is the one that takes them out every day for a good 8 km hike in the woods for a few hours. plays with them, hangs with them ect.

Im trying to get him in to something with me. but no go. maybe one day lol
Old 02-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Top Dog

Not very. He'll go to events and what not with me and he enjoys himself but he has almost no interest in training. I did make him take Murphy through a class when he was unemployed and driving me crazy though - it was worth it just so that he knows the basics.

I'm currently trying to convince him to take Tipper through her first agility class. I KNOW he would like it if he'd give it a chance but thus far my powers of persuasion are not working. >.<

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Behavior Nerd

He likes to pet them and occasionally throws a bumper, ball, or disc, but that's about it.

I did drag him to one agility trial and he fell asleep in his chair and I got him to go to a dockdogs event because it was at a fair and he could get fried noms, but he spent most of that trip sitting in the car, reading.

He's fine with me spending money on entries and is cool with me being gone weekends, so that's much appreciated, but I do wish he'd enjoy at least ONE of the sports I do enough to tag along more.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Top Dog

Mine wouldn't do dog stuff if he were on his own, but he is super helpful with all of our activities. When we were training French Ring, he drove us 6 hours each way and hung out at training all day, helping where he could. He also drives us to all of our agility seminars, comes out to a lot of my training sessions here in town, takes videos for me, and now knows enough to give me helpful pointers here and there on my handling, lol!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Top Dog

He's becoming more and more interested. He wants to do sports with his next dog, and the next dog will be his. :] He has been doing amazingly well with Zobby lately; his leash reactivity is more or less under control, he's behaving in the house (for the most part) and he's been teaching him really cute tricks.