Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Do you crosspost urgent dogs on FB?
Yes 2 4.00%
No 19 38.00%
Sometimes 22 44.00%
I'm hungry, but it's too late to eat anything... 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm All Ears

I don't. I might post a friend's foster or something like that somewhere. But that's far from an 'urgent' dog. And we definitely cross post local lost dogs around here. We had one a couple weeks ago and the cross posting on facebook ended up helping to find the dog.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 PM
APBT crazy!

No, I do not. I do if a dog speaks to me, but if they are getting pts the next day, I can't bare to see that. Usually when I share them they are rescued soon but this one pit bull I shared she didn't make it out. And people need to realize you cannot save them all. It does suck but that's the harsh reality of it.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Top Dog

Yes. I have seen many, many lives saved due to crossposting, mostly from rescues taking in the dog, and they always have happy endings.

Why would you not? I care much more about helping to get a dog out a shelter than I do about being "obnoxious".
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 PM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepaige View Post
Why would you not? I care much more about helping to get a dog out a shelter than I do about being "obnoxious".
Because you can't save them all and sometimes "a home, any home" is a worse fate than being PTS.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
Because you can't save them all and sometimes "a home, any home" is a worse fate than being PTS.
By that logic no dog that goes into a shelter should leave it alive. you will never be able to save them all and there are always going to be rotten homes out there....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
Doesn't mean I can't try to save as many as I can. I am a long time regular volunteer at the shelter I crosspost for, and I get to see updates on many of the dogs we've saved. Most of them are in very good, happy homes.

Not to mention most of the dogs in my shelter are puppies who would be killed because many people don't know that you can find puppies in shelters regularly, at least where I live.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Not a Border Collie

Occasionally. Quite rarely though. 9/10 it's an English Shepherd or ES-y looking, as I have quite a few ES people on my Facebook.

Eta; the above isn't referring to specifically "urgent" dogs but dogs seeking homes in general. I think I've only ever posted a couple of urgent cases.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepaige View Post
Yes. I have seen many, many lives saved due to crossposting, mostly from rescues taking in the dog, and they always have happy endings.

Know your audience.

I block people or defriend them if they cross post things like that on a regular basis. I'm not in a position to adopt, most people I know are the in Oz or local and not dog people. If I see a dog perfect for someone I would send it to them directly.

I find it annoying and know it's not going to do anything other than get me blocked. Also means the day I cross post something it will be meaningful. Just like when Sass and Sara cross posted the missing dog, I notice because they don't flood fb with cross posts. Or when Adrianne posted the senior the other day, I knew that dog /type is special to her and she doesn't do it often. I pay attention to those.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Nope, not usually. Mainly because most of the people on my facebook, I don't want to have a dog, because I know they can't handle the responsibility. I also fear that some of them would grab the dog and surprise me with it, I wouldn't be shocked. So really, me cross posting it would do nothing.

I will cross post lost dogs, though

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Know your audience.

I block people or defriend them if they cross post things like that on a regular basis. I'm not in a position to adopt, most people I know are the in Oz or local and not dog people. If I see a dog perfect for someone I would send it to them directly.

I find it annoying and know it's not going to do anything other than get me blocked. Also means the day I cross post something it will be meaningful. Just like when Sass and Sara cross posted the missing dog, I notice because they don't do that often. Or when Adrianne posted the senior the other day.
Maybe because I have many local rescue friends? I don't do it constantly; I mostly just share whenever my shelter's "pets at risk" page is updated, and I do share pictures my shelter posts of dogs and cats, even though they're not urgent most of the dog. I don't *think* I do it enough to be annoying. I just really bond with and love all the animals at my shelter, and I try to do everything I can to get them into good homes.