Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Twin 2

In my greyhound research I mentioned the word breeder and intact in a group of rescue heavy people. It didn't go well.

Made me remember how much I love this place and how open overall everyone here is.

Love you guys!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Top Dog

Totally agree!! I tried to stay on other forums once finding chaz, but every time I saw a bashing fest, all I could think was "this isn't how this situation would've gone down on chaz". I love it here, thanks chaz!

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 02-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Silence, peasants.

I love this place because even when peopled do have an argument, it just bounces back. And everyone here is so well-informed and open minded, regardless of what their opinions are. So glad I found it. I do have a few dog forums I frequent but I love the atmosphere of this one the most.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
This, x10000000000000000000000000.

Chaz is now my ONLY dog forum. Period. I know I'll never be moderated, reprimanded, publicly flogged, or have my posts deleted for stating an opinion here.
Ditto.
This is my only dog forum and 1 out of 3 forums I belong to.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 PM
orange iguanas.

True dat.

On my other forum, any thread mentioning things like prongs or shock collars (even invisible fences) is locked. I shouldn't be offended because I don't use nor recommend tools like that, so it's not like I have to talk about them but good gravy we're all adults and should be able to discuss or bring them up! Or when someone asks about spaying/neutering because their dog has behavior problems and I'm the only person that is realistic about it and says neutering is not going to fix every issue you have with your dog.

I definitely learn more from this forum BECAUSE there are so many different opinions being shared.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-02-2013, 10:51 PM
SBT Lover!!

I agree, Chaz is really a great place for dog lovers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
This, x10000000000000000000000000.

Chaz is now my ONLY dog forum. Period. I know I'll never be moderated, reprimanded, publicly flogged, or have my posts deleted for stating an opinion here.
Miss you over on the "other" forum, though!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
I agree, Chaz is really a great place for dog lovers!

Miss you over on the "other" forum, though!
You still see me here though! And honestly...I don't miss the other forum. I miss the way it used to be a few years ago, but I don't miss it in its current state.

Quote:
and 1 out of 3 forums I belong to
Ha, me too! I'm also on Pangea and The Doctor in the TARDIS. Oh, and I guess there's the autism forum I moderate, but nobody really posts there. I check it maybe 1-2 times a week and I'm lucky if there are 3 posts in that time. So that doesn't count lol
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Top Dog

I know I'm not the most active member on the forum... But I never miss a day of reading new threads and posts. I'm not an active member on any other forum. I've been here for years. I've learned SO much here, I can't even explain how much valuable knowledge I've gained because of the members here.

I <3 you guys

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazwell View Post
I've learned SO much here, I can't even explain how much valuable knowledge I've gained because of the members here.
Same here! I really love the variety of opinion and choices. It makes you face things you aren't used to and open your eyes while still not taking everything at face value.

Overall differences are met with a "Why?" rather than "TORCHES! BURN!"
Old 02-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Top Dog

Red face

Obviously I am new here so I haven't had the years to get to know everyone like most of the members here.... But I have already learned a lot. I know things I never knew I didn't know. If that makes sense?

I'm no where near feeding raw or having a show dog, but I've improved quite a bit since I've found Chaz. I didn't think Milan was a bad trainer, I was completely against crates and feeding raw was so ew. Now, I realize a lot of things still aren't for me, but I understand why people choose to do these things.

I'm not on any other dog forum. To be honest, many members have scared me away from other forums. I don't respond well to people yelling at me and telling me I'm awful at dog ownership. Not really a great way to educate people.

For the most part, Chaz has been an awesome place. I have already made some friends and, again, learned a ton. I look forward to learning more. Watching puppies become agility masters or show dogs or whatever they're destined to be. I love the pictures and the stories.

People might disagree but at the end of the day, it's a bunch of chicks (mostly!) that just love dogs. And I like that. Chat is also starting to be a nightly ritual. So much fun.

Chaz has been a great experience. Hoping it continues.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/