Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Kim & Web follow me around. Cookie bounces around and on my feet half the time. Mira one-ups them all by figuring out where I'm going, racing ahead, and greeting me enthusiastically when I arrive

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Top Dog

Unless I tell them not to, yes. The Dobermans are good about not following me absolutely everywhere. Generally if I leave for another room, I'm not gone long, so it's not really worth everyone coming with me. I used to have to tell them to wait, but now they just know. I can see them think about coming with me and then decide not to. But If I'm gone for more than like 15mins, they all come to see where I went to haha. Dance follows me around a lot and lays in my general vicinity. She likes to know where I am at all times and doesn't get why she could just wait in the livingroom with the Dobermans. And I can't move without Journey right behind me. We're working on that. She'll be fast asleep and yet know when I get up to go do something. Even if it's only to go get a drink, which takes all of 20 seconds to get and come back to where she could have waited, she thinks she needs to wake up and follow me. Which kind of sucks, because every time she wakes up, she's wild and crazy again.. So it'd be nice for her to learn to wait and continue sleeping or whatever. But I kind of like that she follows me. Eventually she'll learn that she doesn't always have to.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 02-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Top Dog

If mom is also home he doesnt always follow. He will go lie in the living room if I stay in the kitchen for too long because there is nowhere soft for him to lay. But if he hears me touch the bathroom door he is THERE. He used to follow a lot more, but not so much anymore.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
My dogs are up in my business 24/7. They want to 'help'.
LOL "Are you helping?" and "You're such a good helper!" are common phrases around here.

Pepper is the worst, being that she would prefer to become one with me. I cannot escape her. I could shift a single toe, and no matter where she is, it's like she teleports to suddenly be right in my face. "ARE YOU GOING SOMEWHERE? WHERE ARE YOU GOING. CAN I GO TOO? HI."

Georgie and Payton will usually follow, though sometimes they're just checking to make sure I'm not doing anything exciting. If I go downstairs to take a shower, Payton will stay at the top of the stairs and stand there, staring, waiting to make sure I am in fact going to take a shower and not just doing something really quick (apparently Payton doesn't want to go downstairs and then go right back up. Very energy efficient.)

Auggie usually will follow me too, but sometimes when it's later at night I get the "but this couch is soooooo comfy" or "but my spot on the floor is sooooo warm" look. I even get that when we're going to bed some nights. "But I'm asleep heeeeeere!" I've had to go physically pick him up and carry him off to bed if he's gotten WAY too comfy to consider getting up LOL. Oh old man. <3

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
LOL "Are you helping?" and "You're such a good helper!" are common phrases around here.
I like to indulge them too. 'Oh thank you for your help!' 'You are such a good helper!' Lol. House cleaning, packing things, even taking a bath... they have to oversee everything. Mia always has to check what I'm doing out.

You can't move at all around here without them getting up. Summer will sometimes stay on the couch but you cannot go anywhere without Mia following. Mia is like glue. She's super clingy.

My past dogs would go situate themselves in the room with you or at the end of the hall. Nope, Mia is going to be right on top of you and preferably touching you at all times. But she doesn't like to be cuddled in your lap. She's weird.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Answer your question? Haha.

Harlow is less likely to follow me around. Unless of course she thinks food or butt scratching is involved. I have to literally convince her to get out of the recliner to come to bed every night. XD

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 02-01-2013, 03:31 PM
such sights to show you

Unless they are sleeping or eating, yes. They do have their priorities.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
retriever crazy

laika follows me everywhere. jayson is more likely to be sleeping unless he hears rustling around then he comes investigate
Old 02-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

If justin is sat in the living room, sometimes keely will just stay with him. Sometimes.

Casey on the other hand is stuck to me like glue. She can be in the deepest of sleep and I cannot (and trust me, ive tried) sneak away for a second. She is my velcro dog.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Allons-y!

Not really. They like knowing where I am and keeping an eye on me, they are far too lazy to get up off the comfy couch and follow after me. Cricket does like being in the same room as me, generally, but none of them are very clingy. If I have food, it's an entirely different story.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!